ShirleyMf's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

musefaery sakura.jpg

Shirley is my name and Musefaery is my moniker because I love the arts and the world of fantasy. If by chance we get to meet, you will perhaps know why my moniker aptly describes me. 

Though I am from Sunny Singapore I have to admit that I melt in the sun just like a flower wilting 😞

Hence my love for places with a cooler weather and the four seasons (I love variety, including variety in weather conditions 😛 )

I love being a Local Guide as it gives me a platform to share my passion with the global community.  Be it my passion for onsen (hot springs), for nature and for the local cuisine. I have a passion for onsen and I travel all over Japan to find konyoku (mixed) onsen which are the hidden gems of Japan. Such onsen are not very well known to the English speaking community and it became my personal quest is to address this gap. I told myself that the frustrations  that I faced in my search for onsen and the hours spent should and must be put to good use to lessen the pain of other travellers, other onsen lovers. The blank wall that I ran into many a time due to a lack of information in the English Language should be reduced or better still eliminated once and for all - I definitely need my magic wand for this. 😛

When I discovered Google Maps two years ago from a family member, I was thrilled and quickly plunge into my role. Yes there were hits and misses but I persevered as I believe that I can help to remove the language barrier, to open up the hidden gems in countries like Japan and make that little difference. I remember a time when I received an email from the Google team informing me of the million hits that I received. I was flabbergasted and so happy. With the help of other passionate guides, I know there are plentiful out there, the little difference can and will add up to make our world a more beautiful world for all to share. Psst! As a staunch believer in continual improvement, I hope to ramp up my photo-taking skills and other tips from fellow Guides.  

On the matter of food, and as a born Peranakan, I appreciate spicy and fragrant cuisine of Indochina and Southeast Asia. As a lover of variety, I grew to love the cuisine of the countries that I visited. Be it the lahpet (green tea leaf salad) of Myanmar, or the yakitori chicken cartilage of Japan. I have also chanced by pig's breast sashimi which still gives me the shivers. 

Enough said as I can go on and on about the things that I love.

On the matter of fun, I don’t think I am funny but I have been told that I am creative. I am a hobbyist painter and I dabble in watercolour, Chinese ink painting, life drawing, and oil.  I love poetry and when I am inspired I publish my renderings in Allpoetry.com and Wordpress. I have to admit though that with so many interests, I have to juggle the stuff that I want to do at times. I will continue to stay optimistic and continue to share as much as possible.

Hope to meet up with some if not all of you soon for the camaraderie, for the learning and the sharing.

Arigatou gozaimasu & Sayōnara (Thank you & Goodbye)

Psst! If indeed I can wield a magic wand, I would love to make this world a better place, a place that embraces diversity, a place that respect and allows all to appreciate what nature has to offer.   

Ikoi OnsenIkoi OnsenKurone iwa-buroKurone iwa-buroAmagase OnsenAmagase Onsen 

Japan