chicagoguide95's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Oleksandr ( Alex) 
  2. Location: Chicago, IL, USA  — though I’m originally from Kharkiv, Ukraine. 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am the go to guru for my friends and family, as well as people I meet every day while driving for a ride sharing services and in the streets, parks, restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, thrift shops, department stores, malls, and extra curricular activities that Chicago has to offer. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Well I'm a picky eater, so you'll rarely catch me eating similar dishes and kitchen creations twice a week. There's just so much delicious and one of a kind experiences to explore and discover. My favorite cuisine is Italian at the end of the day. I appreciate an authentic pizza, I love salads and pasta to the moon and back. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: I'm a swimmer and I love to volunteer. Volunteering has been a big part of my life since I was a kid back in Ukraine. In my elementary school back in Ukraine, my teachers taught us the difference it can make in peoples lives, when something is good is done for all by one, and the long term impact positive changes and improvements can have, when it comes to agriculture, education, art, communication, exploration, and most importantly, giving back to the community. That's why I am proud to call Chicago my home for 10 years. Having volunteered with Clearbrook Non Profit in High School and being a medic volunteer for The Chicago Marathon while also in high school, I love to bring a difference to people's lives, and Google Guides lets me do just that,  capture life's moments, and share them with communities around the world. 
Chicago, IL, USA