cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Satyajeet
  2. Location: India
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide has given me immense satisfaction and pleasure, My thing has always been exploring new things and experiencing new cultures and whenever I find something intriguing I always take pictures and review it and been doing so for a few years now, Many people have liked and appreciated my contributions so far which makes me feel good that I have helped others in getting to know about a place and I am looking forwarding to contributing as much as possible. I have also been a part(moderator) of other communities in adding missing and correcting information about places and now Local guide  program gives me many more opportunities in helping people get to know about a particular place.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I like the Indian, Italian cuisines and almost love all the Mexican foods.
  5. Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.16.33 PM.pngFun Fact about me: I actually try to visit the places which are given 1 or 2 start ratings to see whether they really worth it and end up asking them questions based on those reviews. I also play the 'PokemonGo' which is unlike any other game where I need walk in order to progress in the game which made to explore new neighbourhoods and discover new places of interest. 
Level 8

Hello World!

In Gregory LakeIn Gregory Lake

Name: Hakam
Location: Maruthamunai, Sri Lanka nearby a beautiful sandy beach Bay of Bengal.
What I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others always enjoyable and gives a great satisfaction to the mind in turn it will help you from others. I like to show my society's unique culture and our landscape to the world and like to help them to travel and see our beaches, lakes paddy fields, lagoons, small islands, forest and our small birds.
My favorite cuisine to explore: Any food closer to nature usually not too modified. Like more veggies and herbals.
Fun Fact about me: I'm a medical doctor from Sri Lanka.

My relationship with the Google map actually started decades ago with Google Earth Desktop software which amazed the world of kids and adults equally. In my free time I contribute to google maps. Especially i liked to see and add the accessibility features in various places which helps people with special needs and differently abled.

I work in a government base hospital as a medical officer Haematology and pathology. In my day to day practice i meet many patients with disabilities due to various diseases especially some Haematological conditions like Haemophilia and othe bleeding disorders making children permanently disabled and need special care and accessibilities in day to day life.

I like to travel a lot and see various cultures and nature. As I was very keen in biodiversity in my school days it drives me to see those places in real. I travel to many local and international destinations with my family.

I like to share my experiences and knowledge about the places I know and I visit, so it can help others before they visit those places.

I usually suggest to the care takers of the popular places about the accessibility facilities how can they help the people with special needs and people who are differently abled. With my work experience I share my knowledge of new enhancements on accessibility in medical fields when the caretakers further needed.

My personal view is, this world is not only for us but also for the children and adults with special needs and differently abled. That's our responsibility to make them see and enjoy this world equally like us without any barriers. That's how we humans differentiate ourselves from the world of animals by helping our weak ones to achieve more throughout their lives.

Google the tech giant helping this cause more than any other companies or firms throughout this world with the help of its dedicated users' contributions and it invests a lot really a lot to the betterment of entire human being.

Google also helped me a lot in my educational career during my MBBS as most of the medical resources we doctors read and refer these days via its unparalleled search engine and its various other products.

Long live Humanity! And thanks a lot for google which help people and me.

Level 7

Name:-Kishan

What I love about being a Local Guide:- Capturing nature and visiting new places that no one have gone before

My favorite cuisine to explore:-A beach..............

Level 7

aku.jpeg

Holla Peoples....

let me introduce my self 🙂

Name: Sherly Novitasari

What I love about being a Local Guide: as i love exploring my own country, peoples always asking me for suggest the best place they want to decide to visit like restaurants, hotels, theme park and more. Being local guide was fun for me because peoples can consider the place they want to go with our contributions on google maps. And i love to get some points or get many badges after contributting

My favorite cuisine to explore: I love spicy foods, seafoods especially sweet and sour crab, burger, and the foods with mozzarella fillings.

Fun Fact about me: i am short girl from southeast asia and love to talk. i love to travel to the new places i've never been before

Now, it’s your turn peeps ^^

#LocalGuidesConnect #localguidesindonesia #localguidessouthestasia #localguidesasia

Level 9

Introducing myself
  1. Name: Atishay
  2. Location: Gurgaon, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love addding new photos and genuine reviews for a place, because it's important for those who are visiting to that place first time.
  4. I love to share:  Photographs and the moments.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After i started submitting photos for fun and slowly seeing the level going up.
  6. Fun Fact About Me:I am a fun loving person, who celebrates everyday like a birthday. I feel like taking picture of every moment i spend. I am a person who can make you laugh at any point of time. I can make funny expressions at any time 🙂
Inspiring Nomads
Level 7

Name: Galoget Latorre

About Me: Systems Engineer (Computer Scientist), right now working as an Independent Computer Security Consultant. planning to get a Master's Degree in a foreign country in the near future, traveling and taking pictures is my hobby.

What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide is important for me because I can make a difference by helping a lot of people, I can share right information about the places I visit, including awesome pictures that describe the place in a better way, answering questions that people had. I love being able to contribute to society. Details about a new place are very important for new visitors, also this information can produce a lot of impact on that place.

I love to share: Information about places, common questions that I had myself and probably other people will ask the same, also I share photos, answer questions and add additional information about the places I visit.

Fact about me: I love helping people, and if I can contribute to society while I am traveling and exploring new places, that's perfect for me.

Looking forward: I want to visit Google HQ, meet other Local Guides, share experiences and tips, learn a lot from other people that has more experience, also meet Google Experts, and make new friends from different parts of the world.

Level 6

Hello!

My name is Alexander Rechitsky. I am 31 years old and I was born and live in Stavropol, the greenest city in the south of Russia. ztNDtssEGgE

I love my city very much. I know the problems of this city and I want to make the life of the townspeople even better.

Last two years I was keen on a mapping of my city. 

There are very many problems that affect the quality of life of citizens. In Stavropol, the traffic jams are getting stronger every year. The road surface on the roads is constantly deteriorating, and it is necessary to inform drivers about it in time  We also have problems with locating good places for leisure and entertainment. City authorities cannot solve these problems. So I took the initiative in my own hands. I carefully put information on the map about roads and road events and about various institutions and organizations. I believe that the exchange of information with through mediation of Google Maps will help reduce the impact of mentioned problems in a smart way

I dream to visit Connect Live 2018 to share my experience with other local guides and take the best of their practice.

I really enjoy working in a team, and I really need to draw inspiration from like-minded people. This event is a great place where I can meet very advanced and experienced local guides and will be able to learn a lot from them.

I hope to make new friends and compete with them in mapping cities and writing reviews. I want to recharge the positive energy from these people and bring it to my hometown.

Hope to see you soon!

Level 8

Name: Mahesh

What I Love About Being A Local Guide : People Naturally love to Share their opinions, views about restaurants, malls, places so do I! Now in this digital world almost every one is on the mobile and every one is in the hurry wanted information ASAP.. So put a correct, right information on Google maps is extremely important and love to do that so. By a collective effort to make it right.. I am proud to be a part of this community and Google local guide. I am doing this happily from last three years. Now I am at level 8. I have posted almost 3500+ photos (with over 13 million views),written reviews over 300+ places.. I will continue to do so.
In this community we can help millions of people and we can help each others as A Local Guides Community.

I LOVE TO SHARE :

I love to travel on bycycle so done cycling 1500+KM in 2010.
Then done biking from Kanyakumari to Kashmir 4500+ KM in 2012.
Then done biking from Pune (my city) to Singapore by road in 2014. Almost 10000+ KM for 45+ days.
So I love to travel! And then loved to post it on Google Maps.. So I am proud to be a part of this community!.At Angkor Wat, CambodiaAt Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Near Bodhinath, Kathmandu, NepalNear Bodhinath, Kathmandu, Nepal

How I Hear About Local Guides :
Three years ago I found some wrong information about some place in my city.. So I was wondering how could I correct it!. By searching I found that Google map maker do this.. And again searching after few days I found out this Google Local Guide program!

Level 5

Hello , My name is Dominique , french boy living in Switzerland.

I am 31
I spent a lot of time travelling an trying to take good picture 🙂

I use to come often on Google Maps to prepare travels far away and often also close to home.

It is a fantastic tool, to be able to see the map and to share with others , to see comments written by others contributors.

I am really happy when I receive the sump up and I see that so many people have seen my pictures.

I hope that it is helpful for them.

I am really happy to live in this century with all those tools, it is amazing and just the start I think.
I will be very happy to share with you all.

Level 7

Hello Friends!

Let me introduce myself...

Name: Jhonattan

What I love about being a Local Guide: I am a tour guide, whenever I go to a new place, I like to post about, how many times I saw myself referring to the place on the map first before going there, but I can confess that this got me a little , since by comments I was not going to the place. That way I decided to do different, I like to mention the positives and negatives, but I always point out that it's worth going and knowing, tastes are different, moments and people are different, so the experience can also change. helping others through google maps is like giving someone an indication on the street, this is something I do well.

My favorite thing to explore: I love to eat, so going to diners, restaurants and bars is very good, seeing something new, trying something new is always good. I have a lot of fun also going out and walking without a specific direction, how much we end up finding.

Fun Fact about me: I practiced Parkour for a year here in São Paulo, and I have to confess that it was one of the best things I did, I met São Paulo more with parkour than I lived here for 5 years. It made me like the new, change the routine, the surprising can happen. Another fact is that this year is incredible, I made my first international trip, and I have to indicate, know the chile incredible place, wonderful landscapes and scripts, well worth it.