Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Greetings from Yogyakarta Indonesia

You're welcome 😄 😄

Level 9

Bls: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

One good thing about Google Local guide is you don't have limit to discuss and take support.

Here every one helps each other. Not seen such fast replies for any queries.

Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy A
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello wonderful people of Local Guides!  I've been reading the boards for a while but haven't really formally introduced myself.  So here it is! 🙂

• Name: Jay
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: My photos get viewed by more people than on all of my social networks combined.  And even with a lot of contributors, there are still places that need more information.  Finding those are like finding a gem and sharing the treasure.
  • I love to share: photos from a different perspective and angle.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I discovered it by using maps.  I was already contributing reviews but didn't know it was for Local Guides.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I bring 2 mobile phones wherever I go. The 2nd one is in case my 1st one can't take pictures anymore because storage is full or low batt.  I'm also a toy photography blogger, and have a Transformers blog.

IMG_20170415_224745.jpg

(taken in Tokyo at the famous Shibuya crossing)

Again, hello to all!

Level 7

1. Name: Steph
  2. Location: Sydney, Australia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I can share knowledge and tips when visiting venues all over the world and I can always rely on a trusted review when I'm travelling somewhere new.
  4. I love to share: I love to add new places with fun or quirky facts and highlighting interesting things to try
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: When dining out with friends, I was often not allowed to eat until everyone had taken photos and I felt left out until they introduced me to Local Guides where they would share all these delicious food photos with the world!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a serious bargain hunter so I can usually find you a deal or discount
  7. Me visiting a school in Yasawa Island, FijiMe visiting a school in Yasawa Island, Fiji
Level 7

Welcome Steph!

Level 7

Welcome Jay!

Level 8

Hi all!

I just reached Level 5 LG, 

So I thought I'd better introduce myself.

1. Name: Max
  2. Location: Melbourne, Australia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love making a difference for people. Providing information about wheelchair accessibility can help people in wheelchairs find suitable places to go. Likewise, providing information about unisex bathrooms can assist people who identify with non-binary genders to find places they can feel more comfortable in. Most importantly, providing information about whether a location serves coffee can really help those caffeine addicts. The more information I add, the more I can help people.
  4. I love to share: Photos! There is something so gratifying seeing the number of people who have seen your photos on Google Maps grow. Every view is another person served.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got an email from Google encouraging me to join the program.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am the only member of my family who doesn't need reading glasses. (Yet! :-P)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Regards

Max

Enjoying a Halo-Halo in the PhilippinesEnjoying a Halo-Halo in the Philippines

Level 10

Hi Everyone!!! Ahlan Wa Sahlan..Apa Khabar...

Name: 

Farha

Locations:

Frequent shuttling between Dubai, UAE and Malaysia - but I am a globe-hopper bug in between work. 

What do I love about being a Local Guide:

I love the fact that my ratings , tips and photos inspire people to visit a new place or try a new menu. AND the tips I give gives a heads up to users if the place needs highlighted for a good reason, or improved for certain reasons ( such as cleanliness or safety ).

I love to share:

I  like to highlight a specialty of a place. I think carefully before taking a photo to be uploaded as it should help readers find the place easily. 

How did I hear about Local Guides:

I use Google maps A LOT for work and play. Somehow, I can't remember at what point I got sucked into this and wallah..I'm at level 5. 🙂

Fun Fact About Me:

I am very adventurous. I looooove travelling to less commercial places with my travel buddy...just enjoying the food, sights, people and culture. Since I love photography, I need to constantly explore to find inspiration. 

Heyy..I am new at this network. Anyone out there organizing photography trips, do add me in your travel group. We can play host to each other's country. See you soon!!!

Petra, Jordan.Petra, Jordan.

Level 7

Welcome @AnnaBcn to Local Guides Community

Ho Chi Minh City Local Guides Community Moderator | Viet Nam Local Guides Community Moderator
Level 8

1. Name: Farhat Ahmed
  2. Location:  Tunisia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide : I love to help company, hotel and shop to prove their digital visibility and help people to find them and their products.
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos and add new places.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:  I heard about it through Panoramio and Email from Google Maps.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am 21 Years old in july. I like tourism and I want to help people to go to the historic places, traditional festivals, and the amazing nature. and i love share my photos of places.

10561575_520686534743236_2180475043564908901_n.jpg
Farhat Ahmed