Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Hello friends

Hi friends, here's my short description:

1. Name: Mikel
  2. Location: Vitoria-Gasteiz (SPAIN)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to do my bit to help sharing pictures of typical places of my city, and always try to research about the place. In this way I always ask people of the Community about the place when I put the post, and finally I put the answer with the details. It's amazing the amount of places that we usually see everyday, and we are ignorant of them. 
  4. I love to share: I love to share pictures, and to share information of the places where I go. When I decide to go to a place (for everything: just visit it, or a restaurant to have a meal...) I always look for information about them. The reviews of people are essentials for me to decide, so, I always try to put my opinion too where I can. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: It was a friend of mine who talked me about it. We were talking about Google Maps, that know we use the cell phone with the app instead of using a gps. And he introduced me Local Guides of his city. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to travel, it's my passion. And of course basketball is my favourite sport. Always supporting the best team: Baskonia 😉

1. mik.jpg

mik2.jpg

Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Name: Leo
What do I love about being a Local Guide: It's a natural extension of everything Google. I use Maps constantly for work and travel. If I see something wrong I have to fix it. Making contributions that help others is what everyone should be doing (Local Guide or not).
I love to share: Photos 1st and foremost, it's my hobby. I travel so my photos and contributions are Coast to Coast, Montreal to Orlando (mostly).  https://leogarvey.myportfolio.com/ Photos and Map Adds/Edits are what I'm best at.  2,000,000+ views and counting.
How did I hear about Local Guides:  The Google Maps Updates from 9/4/2015. I received my welcome email on 9/12/2015. 🙂  I've been a Maps contributor since 2012.
Fun Fact About Me: Bought my Gmail invitation on Ebay when they first came out (7/14/04) and I've been a Google Fan Boy ever since! The Googleplex IS the destination, before it's too late! Cough, Cough, wheeze, wheeze, bucket list! 😉

Level 7

Hey all!

I'm Michael Weissman, a local guide in Los Angeles, though I travel quite a bit and always make sure to leave reviews wherever I go.

I love contributing to Maps, and use it primarily to create fun travel itineraries and help people with real reviews from local spots.  My favorite spots are usually local favorites, or any of "the best" certain foods from different areas.

I'm also a theme park enthusiast, and have recently completed the world tour of Disney parks, and of course left thorough reviews of the attractions and lands in each park.

I really like the idea of local guides, and feel I can trust those reviews more so than on yelp or tripadvisor.  I'm always happy when I look up a place and see a "local guide" review listed 🙂

Great to digitally meet you all, and feel free to reach out!

17239972_10100599492060076_7983867656550372521_o.jpg

Level 8

1.Name: Karol
2.Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany (originally from Peru)
3.What do i love about being a Local Guide: i love to help other people in my location. I like so much to upload my helpful pictures. Everyone needs a Local Guide
4.i love to share:i love to add an edit places. And i love it to take pictures of buildings and upload them.
5.how did i hear about Local Guides: i used the google map app and i saw that i can upload pictures on the app. And here we go.
6.Fun Fact about me: i suddenly stop my car to take pictures of buildings. Uploading pictures is my addiction.
7.My contributions: i uploaded over 1500 pictures on google maps and i have over 8.790.000 views.

IMG_0069.JPG

Karol_R_M
Level 8

1.Name: Karol
2.Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany (originally from Peru)
3.What do i love about being a Local Guide: i love to help other people in my location. I like so much to upload my helpful pictures. Everyone needs a Local Guide
4.i love to share:i love to add an edit places. And i love it to take pictures of buildings and upload them.
5.how did i hear about Local Guides: i used the google map app and i saw that i can upload pictures on the app. And here we go.
6.Fun Fact about me: i suddenly stop my car to take pictures of buildings. Uploading pictures is my addiction.
7.My contributions: i uploaded over 1500 pictures on google maps and i have over 8.790.000 views.

IMG_0069.JPG

Karol_R_M
Level 9

1. Name: Jed
  2. Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: The benefit of having an early access to Google products and being invited to Google-hosted events. And of course, knowing that every information I share in Google Maps is worth it because it helps a lot of people every day.
  4. I love to share: I love to share pictures and reviews of places i visited.I am also in to editing map during my free time.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I just saw this in the forum of Google Trusted Photographer. I am a big fan of Google so I signed up immediately 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am software QA Engineer. I love travelling, photography, film making. I hope I can combine all of that in 1 job! :). Also, I love going to the beach but I don't know how to swim. 

1. at Google PH during Map your world week eventat Google PH during Map your world week event

Level 8

1. nick.pngName: NIck
  2. Location: Quebec city, Canada
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love when i see that so many people have seen my photos of those place I visite
  4. I love to share: I am thrilled when i am the very first to add a place or stars a place. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: By reading others people reviews, agreeing or desagreeing. I said to myself, hey! i can do that!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to cook, i mean, like crazy. So every restaurants, food truck is a discovery on what else is news in the world.
Level 10

me and boneksme and boneks

Hello Local Guides!

1. Name: Budiono Sukses
  2. Location: Surabaya, Indonesia (born in Ponorogo, East Java)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share places I've visited, and photos and also videos about it, to help others
  4. I love to share: add and edit places, especially about local food and place near me
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: From Google Maps
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere and create video about it
Level 9

1. Name: Vincent
  2. Location: Baguio City, Philippines
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I am able to make our city's map accurate which is used by a lot of tourists and residents as well.
  4. I love to share: I love to explore our City and sharing everything that I have discovered, everyday I discover something new and sharing it on Google Maps is something I love doing.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I have been advocating the use of Google maps and Google Map maker since 2011 and I heard about the transition / addition of local guides through the emails being sent by Google maps. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love walking, it is by walking that I discover more about my City. 

13151533_768564219947350_1548996487213116216_n.jpg

From Baguio City and Beyond!
Level 5

Hai  @Karol_ really ur great bro ....