ATO_Explore's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Inside the Casablanca's Lighthouse πŸ‘€

Hello @ATO_Explore,

Thank you for the great photo and all these details about Casablanca's lighthouse. Where did you get all this information from?

I've passed in front of this lighthouse whenever I went to Casablanca, but never knew that there was a guided visit! 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 6

Pretty informative post , enjoyed reading so far (y)

Connect Moderator

Hi @ATO_Explore 

Thanks for your interesting post and great photo inside the Casablanca Lighthouse.  Like @BorrisS I've been passed the lighthouse but never visited it.  I'm sorry now that I didn't.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Hi @BorrisS , thank you for your comment and support 😊

You can find information about the lighthouse at the maintenance staff, because they know the lighthouse and its history by heart, otherwise the tourist guides delegated by the tourist office, either in the websites dedicated to the national architectural heritage known as colonial era, or you will find the info on Wikipedia and in general the story is the same!

Best regards!

More on Instagram, Facebook, NikonClub, YourShot & Google Maps
Level 9

Hi @DohishMahtinez488 , thanks for your comment and support 😊

Level 9

Hi @AdamGT , thanks for your comment and support 😊

Here is how the visit takes place, once the local staff shows you and explains you how the transmission equipment was used in the past, once the visit of the transmission equipment finished, you head to the entrance of the lighthouse for climb the spiral-shaped 256 staircases.

While you climb the stairs, the staff continues to tell you the story of the lighthouse, once you are upstairs you are explained the operation of lenses and mirrors.

This lighthouse-specific shape offers a perspective view at the bottom or top of the lighthouse. It is possible to take pictures of the outside and inside, but once at the top it is forbidden to photograph on the sea side because of a zone reserved for the national navy, for all the rest, everything can be photographed.

Best regards!

Level 9

Hi @Ant_Bad_Yogi , thanks for your comment and support, I was there for shooting πŸ‘€πŸ“Έ

Level 9

Hi @A_Wanderers_Trail , thank you 😊

Level 9

Hi @DanniS , thank you for your comment and support 😊

I visited your post of the 10 stunning photos of stairways, and like I said in the comment, thank you for this travel through stairways πŸ‘€πŸ˜Š

And about the Lighthouse, yes I climbed up and I recommend to anyone who visit the site.

Best regards!

Level 8

Hello @ATO_Explore,

I like so much reading your post and really congrats for this beautiful photo πŸ“Έ. Great shooting

Thank you so much for sharing πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ‘