Denasridhar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Indian Institute of Advanced Studies. Shimla.

The Viceregal Lodge or presently known as Indian Institute of Advanced Study is a cultural heritage in Shimla.

Many important historic decisions including the Shimla Conference that was held in the year 1945 and the decision to separate Pakistan and East Pakistan from India were taken here in this building at the time of independence.
After independence, this architectural marvel came into the hands of the then President of India and was renamed as Rashtrapati Niwas.
Later, after a few years, it was converted into a center of higher learning.

People who are interested in History and heritage , a good place to see Gothic style architect . This building was built in 1888 

The building is located at the Western end of the ridge, Shimla that is 3.5 kilometers from the main square. From the main entrance to the building near the parking lot,
a gradual climb nearly 300 meters takes you to the top of Observatory Hill that is crowned by the lovely edifice. 

The grounds here are well maintained and great location for photos. The historic building has many unusual features and an impressive garden and views. Worth a visit.

The building is surrounded by the beautiful lawns. Beneath the front lawn a rain water harvesting tank has been built, so walking on the lawn is not allowed.
Kindly use the pathway to enjoy the view of the building. The South West corner near the Tulip tree is the best place to capture pictures with the background of the building as a whole.
At the back of the building there are some lawns. Kindly avoid walking on the grass as it damages the beauty of the lawns

Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Indian Institute of Advanced Studies. Shimla.

Hello @Denasridhar , Very impressive post, excellent photos. Thank you for sharing. You said, it was converted into a center of higher learning. I am curious to know are they offering any  courses related to higher learning, is there any library room here? are public or students allowed? 

Signature Image
Level 6

Sir,

The related to fellowship program conducted by IIAS is appended for reference.

https://iias.ac.in/how-to-apply/#:~:text=The%20application%20as%20prescribed%20may,Fellowship%20Awar...

For library related query,  please visit  : 

http://iias.ac.in/library/ 

Level 10

Hello @Denasridhar, Thank you for your informative  reply.

Signature Image
Level 9

Betreff: Indian Institute of Advanced Studies. Shimla.

@Denasridhar 

Es ist eine sehr sehenswerte Anlage und die Architektur des Gebäudes ist besonders schön.

Interessant ist das Regensammelbecken unter dem Rasen und ich habe versucht, mir die Gestaltung mit dem Rasen obenauf, vorzustellen 

Level 10

Welcome, my dear fellow LG, @Denasridhar to LG Connect Community...I wish you a great time with our LG family.

Thanks for responding to my post and I'm happy that you liked.

Did you mean "Kalaripayattu" as the master Martial Art of Kerala - I shall try to publish a post later.

My humble suggestions:

If you don't TAG, the other LG won't get any "Notification" that you have responded to.

How to TAG: Simply by typing the symbol @ before the User Name of an LG (as I have done above, to you), you can send a notification (TAG) to the other member. Ex: if you need to TAG me, then type @ followed by TravellerG - then I will get a notification - for more details, click 'Here'.

Where to find the "Notifications"?

1. Log in to www.localguidesconnect.com.

2. On the home page, at the right top, you will find your "DP Photo"

3. Touch/Click on it.

4. You will get 3 Icons: the Bell icon is the Notifications.

5. Touch/Click on the "Bell" icon to open the Notification page.

6. Here you can see the Taggings, Kudos received and the conversations.

Still, if you need any assistance, let me know please 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 6

@TravellerG     Thank you for the guidance of Tagging the fellow LGs.   I am new to this platform and this is my first post,  and try to understand the concepts of posting and comments to other's post.   If possible please provide me the best practices for posting and other activities which can be carried out in this forum.

Thank you once again for the guidance.

Sridhar.

Level 6

Betreff: Indian Institute of Advanced Studies. Shimla.

@Annaelisa    .  Thanks for the encouraging words. 

Level 10

Hello, LG friend @Denasridhar ,

I have sent you a private message with my contact details; hope you will contact me back. 

In case, if you need any assistance to read or respond to the private message:

How to RECEIVE Private Messages in this forum "Receive"

How to SEND Private Messages in this forum "Send"

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me