AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: India: Add schools and colleges to the Map

@AradhanaB 

https://goo.gl/maps/1obHi39Vbaq This school is inaccurately marked, and is also a duplicate of correct listing at https://goo.gl/maps/zL8bp7jMAu32 

Unfortunately, the incorrect listing shows up higher in suggestions on google maps. I tried correcting its location, but edit was denied. 

Please check and fix this. 

I am adding more schools and colleges which normally host examinations. 

Level 7

This is great idea by @AradhanaB.I add 2 school in my area and thats approved and live on map.Thank you Google.Once again brilliant idea by @AradhanaB

Former Google Contributor

Hi @deepakjhic Thanks a lot for adding Schools and Colleges around you to Google Maps. You can also verify information about the places around in and update the information. 

Hi @Lakshay When you add Schools make sure to add only the main building and not the various blocks inside and the classrooms get shifted often. Once inside the school during exams the Schools often make arrangement to direct students to the classrooms. For Colleges, if the campus is large, you can add the various blocks by department. And as mentioned by @Pea ensure that the department has its own staff and contact information. For example IIT Delhi has many departments with its own independent block, staff and contact information. 

Thanks for highlighting @Pea@GusM would like to hear your thoughts on this. 

Hi @iDepp Thanks for sharing with us. You can also help in publishing places around you faster by verifying information around you which are added to Google Maps by others. You can go to your contributions and verify edits made to Google Maps.

Hi @Pparth2105 Thanks for sharing with us. You can also help in publishing places around you faster by verifying information around you which are added to Google Maps by others. You can go to your contributions and verify edits made to Google Maps.

Hi @VinayakGarg Thanks for sharing. But I was unable to look at the second link you shared. You could move the pin to the exact location and mention in the notes section your observations, alternately you could click on verify information around you and answer questions about the school. You can go to your contributions and verify edits made to Google Maps.

Level 7

@AradhanaB THis is the second link to correct location https://goo.gl/maps/zL8bp7jMAu32

I did try to move the location, but it is being rejected automatically

Level 8

Absolutely @AradhanaB

In schools, only major buildings should be added but colleges are built on larger ground as compared to schools and therefore we should consider adding different department, cafeterias and fields in them.

Thank You for the suggestion 🙂 

Life is short, Give as much as you can!