localguide2017's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

In and Around Ahmedabad

Hello Everyone,

This discussion is to help everyone know about everything "In and Around Ahmedabad". So please feel free to share your experience, suggestions, warnings etc here for our people to be aware of something that they didn't knew earlier. This thread doesn't stop with Ahmedabad, The world is to be explored and why don't we do that, so please feel free to talk about any places around the world.

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
4 comments
Level 9

Re: In and Around Ahmedabad

@localguide2017 Thank you so much for kind words. 

I hope you'll be a good local guide .

Well it's your first post in connect so let's go through few important topics. First of all a warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here. 

Why don't you take a moment to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides? Here some tips to help you with your self-introduction:

1. Name: 
  2. Location:  (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: 
  4. I love to share: 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: 

Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Welcome to Local guide connect @localguide2017

Pakko amdavadi ho Bhai

Please join us near by you 

Gandinagar Local guide G+ 

https://plus.google.com/communities/101191422816846419697

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6

I am hosting meet up at Ahmedabad please visit.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/world-space-week

Mitesh Patel
Level 2

Hi!

I recently visited Ahmedabad and loved the place.  So I'd like to help you out with a few things you might need to know in case you're visiting!

Where we stayed - 

Being a group of 6, we looked up a quaint, but gorgeous place on AirBNB. The name of the place is Sitara and it is located near the Ahmedabad highway in Adalaj. The house is well equipped to host upto 8-9 people comfortably and comes with an outside lawn, full stocked kitchen, board games, 6-8 beds, books and is pet-friendly.  It is a unique experience because it is situated away from the city and in the midst of nature so don't be surprised to see peacocks, monkeys and deer outside the house. The house was very beautiful and perfect for a serene trip and the best part was that it was extremely pocket friendly - about Rs. 670 a head per day.

The only con here was that public travel is not easily available outside your doorstep.  Which brings me to the next point - 

How we traveled -

We booked a 6 seater KUV on Zoom Cars website. The app is surprisingly efficient with well allocated pick-up and drop-off points. The cost includes a full fuel tank too.

Where we visited -

Our first visit was to the Adalaj Stepwell.  The place is a series of downward stairs that lead to a waterbody. Adalaj is a carved structure with intricate designs on the coloumns, walls and ceiling. Well worth a visit!

Second, we visited Akshardham - which is a temple.  Be warned that you are not allowed to carry any electronic items into the premises.  There is a deposit box where items are safely stored and a token is allotted to the visitor. The temple itself is bustling with visitors and the exhibitions are lovely.

Third on our list was Sabarmati River front which is quite crowded at its main entrances but if you can drive down a bit further, you get a more quiet place to chill by the riverfront. 

Food - 

Quite surprised that the street food scene was not as happening as it is in Mumbai, but Ahmedabad has its own charm.  Manek Chowk opens at about 10 pm (night food market).  some specialties are their cheese and pineapple sandwiches.  
Other than that, we ate alot from near by Dhabas (small restaurants).

All in all a great two day-3 day visit!

Fair warning - There are no traffic rules in Ahmedabad which can make driving quite a thrill for the uninitiated. So beware if you are a first-timer to a no-rules-apply street! Happy travels!