RAJEEVCHANDRA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Improving Google maps by customising updates for travellers in India

Google maps have made travel easier. However Google Maps uses its own logic which many a times makes it unreliable and may not indicate condition of roads. If on a long journey, one may want to deviate a few Kms to meet relatives with a small detour. Google maps does not have a multiple "VIA" plan that can incorporate detours. Recently I took a longer route to reach NHPC Banbassa from Delhi, since I had information that the road from Rampur to Rudrapur / Pantnagar (45 kms) was so horrible, that my cars' suspension may require extensive repairs, hence I went via Bareilly-Pilibhit route that was about 40 kms longer than the Rudrapur route, but I saved on time. I made it in 7 hours instead of 9 hrs.

Google maps must accept inputs of subscribers such as bad roads etc. and still give alternative "via" directions.

Request your feed back on this.

Best wishes

RAJEEV CHANDRA

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Improving Google maps by customising updates for travellers in India

Hi @RAJEEVCHANDRA

Thank you for this post. Just to let you know we created a special section to propose changing and implementations that can be related to Connect or to the Local Guides community in general. My suggestion is to propose this idea in the - Idea Exchange section, in order to be viewed and voted by others.

My suggestion is to propose your idea in a clear way and to add as many details as possible, so it can be evaluated in the best possible way.

Thank you again for your kind collaboration.

Thank you again for your kind collaboration. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!