Bainn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Improving 360 Photos

Hi all,

I'm a new Local Guide and have been busy uploading 360 photos and other content over the past month.  It's a great excuse to go for a walk and explore,  documenting your travels for the world to see.

I have a Samsung 360 Gear (2017) and have been relatively unhappy with the picture quality. Despite the model's good specifications, images are generally grainy and fuzzy. I want my Local Guide images to be awesome , but need a little help

I'm wondering....

1. Does anyone else have this camera. Are there any tips you can give me to improve my photos?

2. Is there any software you can recommend which will revolutionise my photos. Currently, I'm using Paint.net and Fotor.

Thanks for your help!

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Improving 360 Photos

Hi @Bainn Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community

It happens when there is low light in the area my friend, trust me when you click a sphere in bright day light or in well lighted are pictures quality will be amazing but it'll be exactly opposite when there is low light in the area where your are clicking pics.

Since it has low aperture sensor has less chance to absorb the light in.

My suggestion is clean the lense glass for better clarity and try to click 360 images in bright lighted area or in clear sunlight area

Using third-party software will always has chance of losing the quality of image so I don't recommend using third-party software to fix the grain.

Regards,

Jagadesh

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 6

Thank you @Jagadeesh_Reddy. What camera are you using? I'd love to see some of your images in low and high light.

Level 8

Hello @Bainn Right now I don't have any 360 camera, I far I just uploaded 12 photos in SV using my phone I took those 360 images, but I know how these works and being a professional photographer in reality I have good knowledge about grains and the loss in photo quality and also I knew these are the cons of any point and shoot cameras which has less number in aperture

I m waiting for GoPro fusion 360 camera to be launched in India :). Right now it's not available so I'm just waiting for it my friend :).

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.