MichaelGwiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I want to report a Spammer, please contact me

I'm reporting a spam / bot per the directions here.

Attn: @GusMoreira@TraciC

In a previous post I had found a bot changing phone numbers for mental health providers in my area.  

I have been watching them when I could.  My working list is at my reply 03-26-2017 04:25 PM.  Today I found another changed.  

Capture.JPG

In my previous post I described the issue: all these business are local.  

There are the incorrect numbers being suggested:

(952) 260-2268

(844) 746-9111

Found a few other numbers as well... 

(888) 491-7601 (suggested on a location which had been attempted changed before)

(877) 343-1190 (Reported previously in different forum.)

(866) 371-1881 

(888) 228-0499 (on a Charlotte mental health location)

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. 

Wilmington, NC, United States
14 comments
Level 7

Re: I want to report a Spammer, please contact me

Just found another (edit found 3 more).  Adding it (them) to my other post at the list on post dated ‎03-26-2017 04:25 PM.  

Former Google Contributor

Hello @MichaelGwiz

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and to keep helping us keep the map free of spam.

We are now investigating this trend and will take the appropriate actions towards these users and places. To respect everyone’s privacy we can’t share the decision with you but every report is taken very seriously and carefully investigated.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 7

@GusMoreira  I really appreciate it.  If I come across more fake numbers should I just add them to this list or put in new forum messages?

@MichaelGwiz Mental health providers and Rehab center is something we always keep a look at and do regular clean-ups on spammy content.

If you see something wrong, report the problem through Maps and if the issue continues and is a trend in your area please let us know so we can take a closer look on it

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Level 6

I found one of these in my area. A search of the number pulled up your thread. The offending entry was attempting to change the number of the ECMC Depew Clinic in Depew, NY to a phone number of (844) 746-9111.

Level 7

@TimothyAce thanks for following up on this.  I think it might be best to create a new discussion thread also for your new finding - as I suspect they address these on a to-do list fashion.  I'd link to @GusMoreira too.  He seems very on top of this issue.

Perhaps add a link back to this post and the previous post, just so there is a history.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/I-want-to-report-a-Spammer-please-contact-m...

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Link-to-Map-Item-for-Edits-Review-Spam-repo...

And I am really appreciative of you posting in.  When I first started seeing them, I thought I was being paranoid.  I think it might be happening quite often, but since the "review" portion of the Maps program doesn't have the gameified points-rewards implemented yet, we very well might discover more of these as we go.  

Have a great night.  Happy Mappin.

Hi @TimothyAce,

Thanks for reporting your case.

I've now took note of it and our team will investigate the trend. If you suspect your issue is linked to the same issue of another thread, feel free to add your examples in the same conversation so we have a better overview of what's going on but if you issue is related to spam but not the same trend, please create a new post and tag a Google Moderators so we can further investigate.

😉

Level 6

@GusMoreira I believe my case to be included with the report in this thread. It had the same false phone number as was reported in the thread and also represents a medical facility.

@TimothyAce You are right... and we are now investigating it. 😃

Thank a lot for flagging this issue to us