katoibrah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I've made four years as Local Guide

A screenshot of a milestone sent to Local Guide Kato from Google Local Guides.A screenshot of a milestone sent to Local Guide Kato from Google Local Guides.A screenshot of a milestone sent to Local Guide Kato from Google Local Guides.A screenshot of a milestone sent to Local Guide Kato from Google Local Guides.

On this day 4 years back, I joined the community of Local Guides on Google Maps. It's such a great milestone and I would like to share this moment with everyone here. Surprisingly the same month I was born is the same month that I became a Local Guide.

On this day I would like to share a story of how I joined the Google Local Guides program. On 16th September 2017, a few days after purchasing an Android N device and this was my first smartphone by then. I enjoyed using Google Maps app since I was already familiar with the app.

I could use this app for navigation, determining expected time of arrival (ETA), finding business locations, using the shortest routes, identifying traffic information and the little I know. During these days I tried searching for some businesses and I couldn't find them.

After realising that I can add some businesses and edit some information it came into reality that I'm now a Local Guide and from then I've been using the little effort to help my community and the world at large. From a local guy to a Local Guide and I'm willing to help my communities more every single day.

Kampala, Uganda
7 comments
Level 10

Ynt: I've made four years as Local Guide

Wow very interessing ☺️👍🏻 @katoibrah 

Level 8

Ynt: I've made four years as Local Guide

Thank you @Gezendunyali for such a warming reply 🙏🏿

Level 10

Re: I've made four years as Local Guide

Hi @katoibrah 

Congratulations. This must be a new email/notification type.  I've been a Local Guide for so many years and never received such an email/notification.

Follow me on Google Maps: click here (may only work on your mobile phone)

Profile | Google Maps Reviews | Google Map Photos | Instagram 

Level 8

@Chuan_Chee that seems to be true because it's my first time to receive it also.

Level 7

@katoibrah congratulations

Level 8

Thank you very much @sandydes 🙏🏿

Level 10

I do follow @sandydes , @Chuan_Chee  and @Gezendunyali  to congratulate you for your achievement.

Four  years of dedication as Local Guides is not an easy path.
Some Local Guides loss their interest in contributing on Google Maps, some being banned because of Program Rules, but you are stilll standing here contributing on Google Maps.
I hope you will always continuing your contribution on Google Maps
I do salute you for this achievement and again Happy 4-years aniversary of being Local Guides.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.