AdarshUmangRaj's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I got an e-mail from Google

As a  level 5-Local Guide, I often get e-mail notifications and updates from Google Maps regarding the edits that I make and those published.But this particular e-mail made me so happy and delighted that i had no words but to share the happiness here with all of you.Here's what the e-mail said...1 million views1 million views

maps.JPG

The photos that I have been adding as a part of my contributions reached a benchmark of 1 million views and I hope the day is not far when I'll be having 10 million, 100 million and eventually 1 billion views.What's really motivating is the fact that these photos are actually helping someone who might be looking for an unknown place and is completely unaware of what the place looks like.These photos not only give you an overview of what to expect but many a time guide you with sign boards and the atmosphere that a particular place will have. I personally look into the photos of every place before visiting them and just in case if I could not find the place on Maps, I immediately note it down in my list and pin a reminder to add them to Google Maps. These small additions are a stepping stone towards doing something good for the society and for the world at large. I really appreciate the time and effort that our Local Guides community has been putting in to improve maps by adding places, photos, answering questions and sharing their experiences in the form of answered questions and writing reviews.Each and every one of us is doing a great job if you do it the right way, follow the community guidelines and add value to your reviews by writing something useful and meaningful.

I feel honoured and extremely happy being a Local Guide and the fact the i am doing something good for the society gives me immense pleasure. Once again I appreciate the time and effort all of you have been putting in apart from your daily lives to improve Google Maps better and more useful for everyone to use. Discovering local business, finding local stores and places to eat is so easy beacuse all because of the efforts you guys are putting in. I look forward towards my journey as a local guide.

3 comments
Level 6

Re: I got an e-mail from Google

Hi,

wow amazing so much views!!

Keep up the good work, and hope to see one day a pic of you that i'm am visiting in your country.

Or somethings that you reviewd.

succes, greetz Mikey

Level 7

Congrats! That's a really significant accomplishment. I really think photos are key for people looking at places on google maps!

Level 8

Good job, congratulations! Keep it up and you will reach 2mil in no time!

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides