SanyaOdare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: I am in - Local Guides Summit 2017

All applicants of Level 5 know these very well. The matter is not what was said about the system of selection procedure. The matter is what has been done in the selection procedure and the clarity behind it.

Perhaps you will feel and realise it when you will apply for it after reaching Level 5.

Level 7

@prasunkumarb I believe that they followed the system of selection procedure. When I'll apply for summit after reaching Level 5 and not selected, I'll never questioned about the clarity behind it. I think the organizer and community moderators never gonna clarify the exact election process they went through. 

Who've got selected for LGSummit17 is better than others his/her own way!

Congratulations again for all of those 150 Local Guides who've got selected for LGSummit17 and Best wishes for them who haven't got selected! Better luck next time! 

Level 9

Well said @AbdullahAlAmin, you are in level three but your wisdom in some local guides connect surpasses some level 5. 

What I believe is one. Within any given challenge there is the person who wins and another who looses. Based on this; I take the probability that out of approx 7 thousand level 5 local guides. Its so competitive to get as to who will be taken. But based on the previous instruction it clearly said that those who well rounded contribute consistent into maps stand a higher change than a person already has thousands of points but doesnt contribute to the maps frequently.

Thats my take on this. 

Weldone to those selected and all the best to the rest of us. Next year too holds greater hope than this year.

Happy Guiding and Happy Days

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 8

I agree!!!

Level 9

Hi @prasunkumarb

Were you invited to the summit?

@prasunkumarb wrote:

Congrats once again. With due respect and honour to all I will say that the selection procedure is not fair as well as without proper clarity.

Level 8

Great @JonasKL!!!

Level 7

@JonasKL Thank you so much for your kind words. 

I completely agree with you the way you described moderators choose applicants. Anyway, Everyone should enjoy contributing as a Local Guide instead of winning any contest like LGSummit. I was level 3 before joining this community and fell love with it! You guys are awesome! Kudos everyone!!

Level 9

Well done @AbdullahAlAmin, I joined Local Guides Program knowingly that it was a volunteer program, many of my friends came on board expecting many things and once those things never materialized they signedout of the program. As long as you know the goal and objective of the program. You will not be affected by things like the summit. That will be but an added advantage for you in the program. 

Well done those who were selected. I know they did put a considerable amount of energy and time to ensure maps is a better. Place. 

Regards

JonasK

Level 9

Thank you @RobertoDig

Level 7

@JonasKL I feel sad for those people who left Local Guides and this community for not getting any materialistic awards. You know I always wanted to travel but never could mange it until i got enough money to travel. Well, then I took a trip to Indian and realized that, It's not that I wanted. I understood the difference between Tour and Travel that time. Now, I know it's all about exploring whether It's USA or just your local area. I get pumped up everyday to explore around my city I'm currently living in just for Local Guides. It's fun and I really enjoy it.