Marianis's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

I Touch You, I'll Come Back!

There is a everlasting song about my hometown, titled "Yogyakarta". Everytime I hear this song, my love for my hometown bigger and bigger, though I live here. This song rise a sweet or sad memories while in Yogyakarta. Take a listen about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBPs3Tkg0JA

Why my hometown is so attractive? At least because of these things:

1. The White Pal

This is the main landmark of my hometown. Here is a myth that if you touch the pal, then you will come back to Yogya someday. Here are 5 state universities and 120 private universities, can you imagine how many students here? For your information, two years ago, 600,000 high school students came here trying to get into Univeristas Gadjah Mada, one of the famous state univeristy in Indonesia. Every year  students come and students go. Fresh graduate always try to touch this pal with a dream that someday they will come back here to get their master degree, to work here or to spend their senior years here. Because many people want to touch it, that pal reluctant to be broken. So it is forbidden to touch it now.

The White Pal YogyakartaThe White Pal Yogyakarta

2. Malioboro Street

In "The Lonely Planet" book, this is the one you have to visit while in Yogya. The street is quite short but the whole town seems be there. Name your need, it can be fulfill here. Seems every one can be your friend here. In early pandemic COVID-19, people bike here just to pass by and watch it to fulfill their longing of Malioboro.  One morning Sunday I was in relaxing time in Malioboro Street. I just walked in pedestrian, and suddenly I saw a unique bycicle. When I take a look at that, the owner initiated a conversation with me, maybe he saw I was so interested in his bycicle. As easy as that to make a conversation in Malioboro. I always give time to just walk along Malioboro Street in Sunday morning. It really relaxing.

Sunday Morning at MalioboroSunday Morning at Malioboro

3. Places for Chit Chat

Youngsters love to spend hours with friends, and here are many coffee shop with various price to chit chat. You can discuss, chit chat or share your dreams with friends. One of my list got followers while I make a list about this, take a look: https://www.google.com/maps/placelists/list/Fkok7NbWNwhXASsQJtmCFoTEtrjbXg.

People come, people go and everyone has a memory. Sometime it is sweet, sometime sad, but whatever it is, memory always worth to remember. And Yogya is a right town to remember. Because a great attract to come back here, so as a local guide, I try to give an update information about my lovely hometown. I hope more people come to explore Yogya. Yogya is not only the White Pal, or food, or Malioboro, but many places in country side ready to explore. Come and explore Yogya!

#CommunityLoveChallenge 

Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta City, Special Region of Yogyakarta, Indonesia
6 comments
Level 7

Re: I Touch You, I'll Come Back!

Great post,  with lots of historical information,  All photos are really nice. Thanks for share with us @Marianis 

Level 9

Thanks, @sweetnovember99 . Glad to know that you are interested in.

Level 9

Wah, saya baru tahu kalau ada keyakinan barangsiapa memegang Tugu Putih dia akan kembali lagi ke Yogya, Bu @Marianis 

Sayangnya duluuuuu sewaktu saya ke Yogya belum sempat menyentuh tugu ini. Mangkanya belum kembali-kembali ke sana sampai sekarang. Hahaa.. 😄

Connect Moderator

Thanks for taking part in this challenge @Marianis !! Just before the deadline too! 😂 And apologies for the slow reply. It's been very busy and yes, invites will be out soon! I'm waiting for Google Calendar to let me send out my invites!!

Anyway, great to find out more about your hometown! Sooooo many universities!! I hope that one day, I'll get to visit! 😊

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 5

Liburan

1. Hari pertama kami di Jogja, destinasi yang kami kunjungi adalah jalan Malioboro. Siapa sih yang nggak tahu jalan Malioboro yang menjadi salah satu ciri khas dari Jogja. Kami pun langsung mengulik area sekitar jalan malioboro sampai titik kilometer nol. Dan nggak lupa juga kami keliling untuk menikmati malam di alun alun keratin.
Google Moderator

Re: Liburan

Halo @Animostadmost,

Terima kasih sudah berbagi cerita pengalaman liburan kamu ke Malioboro, Yogyakarta. 

Saya ingin menginformasikan bahwa sudah ada thread yang berjalan membahas mengenai pengalaman perjalan di Yogyakarta dan saya akan menggabungkannya disana untuk menunjukkan keragaman pengalam perjalanan para Local Guides saat berkunjung ke Yogyakarta. 

Selain itu sebagai tips tambahan, saat membuat post di Connect akan lebih baik jika kamu bisa menyertakan tulisan yang bersifat deskriptif serta foto yang menunjukkan makanan atau minuman yang ingin kamu ceritakan. Untuk lebih lengkapnya kamu dapat membaca artikel 14 helpful tips for using Connect.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!