Garg_Saab's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to remove/recall an edit, posted by self on Google Maps?

Usually, I keep an eye on the details shown in my local areas on Google Maps and whenever I spot any wrong info I suggest an edit to correct that ASAP. Similarly, I keep on adding a missing place and missing road segments in the areas I travel. But sometimes, I realize that I may have suggested wrong info while making the edit and want to correct that before it comes under the eye of moderators. I really miss that facility to delete or recall the edit which I think is wrongly suggested by me or I could have added more info under that edit. 

@ErmesT Could you please help me or any other Google moderator that how to do it? I badly need that feature in the Edits section of my contribution.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 comments
Level 7

Re: How to remove/recall an edit, posted by self on Google Maps?

Same issue especially on editing and you find additional information on pending edits 

Level 9

@Garg_Saab, In that case, you will have to suggest another edit as you do for edits made by others. There is no way to undo/remove/recall an edit made by you.  

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 8

Hey @SaifIS,

Perhaps, I was aware of the answer, but I wish there should be an option at least to delete the edit before it comes under the eye of moderators. It may have happened with you as well, when sometimes you tried to add a missing place and you realized that you might have entered an incorrect phone number or website URL, that way your edit would not be published, plus you have to wait for much time before it's not applied 😞

So a delete or edit option would help avoid such problems.

Level 9

@Garg_Saab, In that case, you can post this in Idea Exchange.

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Connect Moderator

I just noticed that after making an edit in the Android app I get about 1 second to hit "Undo' at the bottom of the screen. So if you are really quick you now have a chance to recall an edit. Cheers.