EsinHezer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to make Sushi 🍣 at Home 🏡

I lived in Asia around 5 years and during my time in Asia, I learnt how to make sushi..AB122CE3-DC00-48AF-B341-D72E94EA82F3.jpeg

Here is my recipe:

1 cup sushi (short grain) rice 🍚

Sushi seaweed sheets 

Sushi vinegar

Any kind of fish or crab stick 🦀 

Avacado 🥑 Cucumber 🥒 Carrot 🥕

Mayonnaise

Bamboo Matt to roll sushi 

Massage and wash rice at least 5 times to get rid of starch. Then add 1 cup of water on top of your rice and boil the rice in a cooking pot. Once rice boils turn off your cooker, put a kitchen towel on the cooking pot to keep the steam inside the pot, close the pot, get the heat down to the lowest level and keep cooking for 10 more mins.. no more no less..

Take the rice off the pan, stir it some rice vinegar, a pinch of sugar and salt.

Then get your seaweed sheet on TOP of your bamboo, put some rice, add on any kind of fish you like, add some mayo, avacado, carrot and cucumber and roll your sushi with the help

of  mat.

Use a sharp knife to cut your sushi and clean the knife with some cold water and kitchen towel after every cut. 

Enjoy! 

59E0924E-08D8-418E-B4FE-E1C1D1C0BA3E.jpeg

D2A9036B-8029-416A-B074-084BE9F43936.jpeg

2ED9AB21-8F67-4F22-BF74-DE30199EAD97.jpeg

D687464F-FD79-4975-B11A-59E17D329687.jpeg

11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to make Sushi 🍣 at Home 🏡

Thank you @EsinHezer I must try your Sushi recipe

Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 8

@AdamGT thanks and you will be amazed 🤪😋🍣

Connect Moderator

Hello, @EsinHezer 

Thank you for sharing a way to make a sushi roll!
We Japanese also love it indeed. Especially I love simple and thin sushi rolls like this:-) Please try to make it the next time!

Level 8

I can die because of pride right now as I received a feedback from a Japanese on my sushi 🥰😍🤩 @HiroyukiTakisawa 🍣 You guys are absolutely the masters of sushi.. i have been to Tokyo and had awesome traditional (stand up style) sushi’s there..

To make this thin sushi, do you use the half of the sushi seaweed sheet? Or do you use the entire square of the sheet? 

Again many thanks for your post, it means a lot to me 🙏🏻 

Connect Moderator

Hi, @EsinHezer 

I'm happy to hear that you like Japan and our cuisines:-)
Yes, I use half of the seaweed sheet for making that. I love eating that with Wasabi. And my favorite sushi roll is a cucumber sushi roll, called Kappamaki.

Level 10

@EsinHezer さん、こんばんは。

とても美味しそうな巻き寿司の写真をシェアして頂きありがとうございます。

アボカド、キュウリ、サーモンの組み合わせの寿司は私も大好きです。

寿司酢の酸味がマヨネーズの酸味とよく合い、サラダのような感覚で食べることができる美味しい寿司だと思います。

とても美味しそうな写真をありがとうございます。

Hello everyone.!
My name is 955HIRO and I live in Tokyo, Japan. I would like to share photos of travel, customs unique to Japan, and Japan-specific matters with you all.
My hobbies are travel, gourmet, and car. If you have any questions or questions about Japan, I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Thank you very much.

こんにちは(^.^)
日本の東京に住む955HIROと申します。

旅行の写真、日本ならではの慣習、日本独特な事項などの写真をチームの皆様とシェアしていきたいと思っています。
趣味は旅行、食べ歩き、自動車など。

日本に関して何か疑問や質問がありましたら、分かる範囲でお答え致します。

宜しくお願いします!

My profile
Level 8

Thank you very much @955HIRO @I love sushi too much and yes I love salmon mayonnaise and avacado sushi too much 😊

Former Google Contributor

Hi @EsinHezer,

Thank you very much for sharing your tips! I'm a big sushi fan, but I've never tried to cook it on my own. In this post it looks so easy to make. Do you make it often?

Have you tried to use another type of fish? I personally prefer tuna fish rather than salmon.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @RadieN.. Believe me it’s easier than baking cakes 🙂 Yes I tried it with Tuna (mixed with some mayonnaise to elaborate the taste) and crab sticks (again with mayo).. All turned out awesome and it’s way cheaper to make it at home than having it in a restaurant..