Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to get a business address off Google Maps without removing the business itself

Here is the solution that I worked out with Google today on the phone.

If you have a business Maps entry and the company wants to hide their address for privacy reasons, this is how you do it.

In my case, I dealt with an event company that unfortunately had their private address listed as this is their headquarter if they don't travel to trade shows. Unfortunately, this means they had several attempted break-ins as potential robbers researched when they were out and burglarized their homes.

Here is the strategy:

1. They need to have claimed their business address that they wanted to have removed from Google Maps through the regular normal process. Create a free Gmail account, claim the business entry, wait for the Google verification code arrive at their address and confirm it is their business.

2. Then they need to login with their OWN original Gmail address - this is not working if you have added someone as an admin as the option below is only available to the original business owner.

3. Click on the edit pencil to edit your CONFIRMED address:

edit-button.jpg

4. Now you see these options that will enable you to remove your public address:

hide-addresses.jpg

This should get the business address off from Google Maps.

Here is the also link to my original German post about this:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Deutsch/Entfernen-eines-Google-Map-Eintrags-KOMPLETT-Aktualisi...

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How to get a business address off Google Maps without removing the business itself

You are welcome. It took me a while to figure this out!

See the solution right on top of this!

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: How to get a business address off Google Maps without removing the business itself

Hi @Semmy-de-Nada..

Thanks for sharing for those useful information with us in Connect.. This is indeed helpful to many of us.. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8
Solution

You are welcome. It took me a while to figure this out!

See the solution right on top of this!