yadavhimanshu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to delete an undeletable location

I went to Bhopal, India last week. I saw a mall placed on Google Maps multiple times, some of them can be deleted by using Duplicate of Another Place while some other don't have such an option like this.

This is the original and valid location of the Mall.

a5.png

And some location can manually be removed by suggesting as doesn't exist or duplicate of another place.

But I found other location that isn't removing manually & I couldn't report them as well

Few pictures below

aa1.png

aa2.png

aa3.png

aa4.png

Googler, Google Moderator please give a solution so unnecessary places can be removed from Google Maps.

@AriMar @Christina-NYC @TraciC @BruceDM

India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to delete an undeletable location

Hello @yadavhimanshu

Sharing feedback and marking as duplicate within Google Maps is the proper way to report these items but they take time to reach a human operator due to sheer volume received every day.

Please share are the URLs with us here and we can look to have the issue pushed. Please do it in this format below for ease of reading! 

The Valid URL for the mall: url here

Duplicate 1: 

Duplicate 2:

Duplicate 3: 

and so on....

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @yadavhimanshu

Have you Reported it through Google Maps, as "Send Feedback" through top leftside 3 lines menu.and Report your issue in "Send Feedback".

Hope it helps.

Vijay Desai.

Level 8

Yes I reported on them as well

Hope it will work out

@VijayDesai thanks

Level 10

Thanks @yadavhimanshu

Thanks at @TraciC for acknowledging.

Vijay Desai.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @yadavhimanshu

Sharing feedback and marking as duplicate within Google Maps is the proper way to report these items but they take time to reach a human operator due to sheer volume received every day.

Please share are the URLs with us here and we can look to have the issue pushed. Please do it in this format below for ease of reading! 

The Valid URL for the mall: url here

Duplicate 1: 

Duplicate 2:

Duplicate 3: 

and so on....

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

@BruceDM thanks 🙂

Level 10

Dear Mr. @BruceDM @

Please note, for this thread, on Monday, two days back, Ms. @TraciC @@  has Awarded "Solution" to me and today morning(Wednesday) at about 09:00(IST) hrs, I was surprised to see it was removed from my name and credited to you. I am not aware, Who and How it is done but with due respect, I would like to inform that, this is happening third time with me in last 15 day

First with Moderator Ms. DeniGu, Second with Moderator Ms. Brittym and both were informed to Moderator Mr. @GeorgesHR @   and Google Administrtive Head Ms.TraciC.

I am unable to understand, why it is happening with me ? I am replying correct answer first, putting my best efforts to reply in simple words.  And Moderators are replying quite later, hours/days. It may had happened that probably questioner might have used my Solution before  even Moderator's reply, still after few days Moderators get "Solution" award silently( it happened in first two cases).

Again with due respect, in my opinion,
Here it seems, first Senior LGs are already doing spoon feeding of Semi-Predigested Food("Solution") to new comer LGs in simple words, on top of that Moderators are offering Digestion and Assimilation of Food("Solution") to new comer, in a way of Technical/ Glorified words & some Formatting, taking away "Solution" credit to Moderators name, even though it was replied by them after many hours/days.
Just for curiosity, is some "Solution" targets are given to Moderators ?

By giving overdose of help to new comer, we are destroying their ability to Explore & Analytical Fact Finding skills and making them 100% dependent on us, even though community has very good Search Engine, which is good enough to find the Solutions of most of the asked questions, still they are asking these questions, as they are aware that they will get ready made answer without putting their any personal efforts.

Till today morning my Solution Count was 47 and now again it has come down to 46. You are requested to see my other 3/4 replies of last 10/15 days and in my opinion and as author has not put any supplimentry questions to it, it is due for "Solution" award, you may mark it as "Solution" for me. Thanks.

Apart from this, mostly I am the first person to welcome new comer and even Reporting Inappropriate Content immediately to Moderator.

Please note I am putting my best efforts and maximum time in this community to learn and to help others. And in almost 110 days, I have received 1000+ kudos(given kudos about 750) & 47 Solutions and ofcourse many virtual friends. I want to be part of it for ever(at present I am 66 years old) but this freqent repeated incidences are demotivating me and forcing me to think otherwise.

My sincere request to Google Adminstrative Head to look into it and do the needful to "help" grooming LG to grow further.

Thanks & Regards.

Vijay Desai.