cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: How to create a category?

Oh, I think we can't add that. I've miss something that you says:

@Flash wrote:

@zixuan75, I'm sorry, but you cannot add transit features.  Only Google can add them.

Please read this post before replying me! '''From --zixuan75'''
Level 7

@iyudhi wrote:

@zixuan75 You can't create a new category. The best thing to do is select the closest category available to what you're trying to add. If that's still not available, try sending feedback to Maps.

Although, I do believe category 'Light Rail Station' should be available, as shown by the following listing. Can you try again to find it?

https://goo.gl/maps/jzY6t9pVerB2

Edit: Actually, forget what I said above. I just tried it myself and the category is not showing when I try to add a new place. It might be that we can't add a new train station (which kind of makes sense, since it's quite a critical location). Let me get back to you on this.

@Flash Since you're the Maps expert, any chance you know why we can't use train station (and the variations) as a category?

I-485 Station is still showing up as the "Light Rail Station" category: https://www.google.com/maps/place/I-485+Station/@35.164545,-80.9349982,12z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1slynx+....

Please read this post before replying me! '''From --zixuan75'''
Level 7

@zixuan75

Thank you for highlighting this issue.

I only hope that someone has already corrected the spelling of that category to "suburban-train-line" by now since the word "surbaban" does not exist and would have been flagged immediately if there was some kind of spell-checker attached to the Google Maps submission form.

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Connect Moderator

@aka_Rὁn, please remember that for many people in this forum English is not a native language.  They may make spelling mistakes, and they may not have their spell checker set to English.  If you know what they mean then it's not necessary to point out such issues.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages