MarioO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: How to Exit Local Guides Program and Delete ALL my Contributions

I also want to exit from local guide because of in responsiveness of Google map management.

I had suggested correction of pin location and address of a public office where I serve.

It is irritating to observe they have not corrected it despite lapse of almost 10 days.

Level 6

I have started to delete all my contributions, it is extremely inefficient. You have to delete everything manually, I finished deleting all my reviews and now I only have around 30 photos left and after that I will finally be able to cancel my local guide account, I didn't want to leave any of my contributions online.

Level 4

You are so right.

Yes it's a program for volunteers, however it would be nice if we received some sort of benefit. Google benefits a lot from the free work that we do, and a lot of it contributes to their bottom line, a bottom line that is in the billions. So I don't see it as a issue when someone ask "where are our benefits".

Level 5

I'm logged into more than one google account in my browser, and when I go to the link to exit the program, there's no way to switch to the account I want to cancel.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @hot_ham_water

Try to log out from both accounts from your browser and also gmail account. When back in, choose between the two and from there get into Local Guides desired account.

Here the instructions to exit the program:

- Go to this link https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

1. Click on three line menu
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Scroll down
  4. Click on Exit Program

Let us know if you have still troubles. 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 5

I was afraid of that. I'm logged into many accounts and this will be a very tedious process. Why can't I select the account from within the local guides admin area? like I can do with any other google product (except Drive, which is still not multi-account capable)?

Level 5

I have two gmail accounts on my phone and did not notice initially that I was signed up under both accounts, and it seems even if you are not signed up, google will prompt you for a review or photo.  I canceled one of my accounts because it was frustrating to get review or add photo prompts twice.  Too many, 'I thought I already reviewed this place' moments, or wondering why I keep being asked to review places I knew I had already reviewed.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @MarioO and @Nurnberger

To leave the program completely, please click on your profile picture on the upper right-hand side of the screen --> click settings --> Close Account. This will close your account and all associated Connect statistics.

If you want to remove your contributions, you may either delete the individual contribution by going to Google Maps --> Your Contributions --> and then visit reviews or photos and click on the three dot menu and choose the option to delete.

You can mass delete any photos tied to your contributions if they live in your Google Photos collection. Any photos you remove from Google Photos that are also tied to Google Maps are deleted when you remove them from your personal collection.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 7

I'd like to remove all my photo contributions

Not to tip my own hat to much...but I take great photos. Those photos are being used by google to make money...they are a small part of the billions of $$$ google is making.

As an exchange, people that added high performing photos and did various other tasks were reward with extra storage space. And now I have woken up on my sunday and have been told by google I am out of storage space and will soon not be able to see my email and other google items I use unless i pay money or go through all my google items and delete stuff.

I think if google wishes to continue to make money off my photos (millions of views on my photos) then I believe the quota should be maintained at what was originally promoted.

If google wishes to remove the extra quota, then I should have the right to make private the photos google using in their maps.

Thoughts?

Level 7

I think many people will be withdrawing because of the quota benefits being changed. I a lot of people helped google make more money with all the contributions, doesn't seem fair to remove it or do a forced "up-sell" 

Google makes billions...they should be more generous to the people helping them make their money instead of putting them in a bad situation for an upsell. How much is this additional quota costing google vs how much they are profiting from the community?