SUBASH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: How to Add video in Google Maps

Same here. Have you figured it out already? 

Level 8

This still doesn't work on the Android app. When adding photos to a public map location video files are not shown in the gallery. 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Ayeen and @A-team5,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since both of you have allowed in Connect settings, your Google Maps to be reviewed, I took a look at your recent contributions. 

@Ayeen, plese note that your most recent video uploaded on Google Maps is visible.

@A-team5, same is applicable for your video, which is listed under Photo contributions.

I would like to remind you to please review your contributions and align them to the Maps User Contributed Content Policy.

Thanks

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Same problem here. This is no longer working. I no longer see videos in the roll, although they are present on my iPhone gallery. Is there anything I can do to have this back working? Is it a permission issue or a wider Google-side change?

Level 4

How to add an already taken video?

Level 8

I figured it out.  You cannot do it directly from the location,  But if you go to contribute and tap "Add Photo", you can select a video and only after that, select where it was taken.  

This took me forever to figure out and hopefully it helps everyone else.  I've attached some screenshots.

Go to Add Photo from the contribute screenGo to Add Photo from the contribute screen

Select the video before selecting the location.  Then select the location on top.Select the video before selecting the location. Then select the location on top.

It will use the photo's data to pull up places in the area, so you most likely won't need to search for it.It will use the photo's data to pull up places in the area, so you most likely won't need to search for it.

Level 8

@JeanneMarie Thank you! It's still the same quirks in 2022!

Level 6

Thank you. This was very helpful.