TorM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

How time has impact on my contribution

Hello all,

in fact I try to upload only one picture per place. The old role with Google was fine for me. For photos per place only one point.

But different perspectives of a place were not recognized. So fine for me.

Now after some month being a local guide I discovered the next issue.... This is time. When visiting a place I see that also within some month, it has totally changed.

Now it is more like a „museum“ for me. Like the following pictures I took in a real museum (Freilichtmuseum Wasmaier).

Kitchen in the beginning of 1900Kitchen in the beginning of 1900

Kitchen in around 1920, when electricity cameKitchen in around 1920, when electricity came

Kitchen in 1950 when Radio, TV and Radio arrivedKitchen in 1950 when Radio, TV and Radio arrived

Kitchen around 1970Kitchen around 1970Now the kitchen could have a dishwasher, microwave, coffee mashine...

So, in fact think about what people will think about the pictures we post today... 😉

Maybe they will smile, because they are not 3D, Holographic, you „only“ can see, but not touch... ??? Who knows....

So, keep on contributing for the future, that they know we have been here as well 😉

@ProfArunCM

@Gio51x

@MagdaG

@OSAMA

@JeanRV

@Anonymous

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Markus Wasmeier Freilichtmuseum, Brunnbichl, Schliersee, Deutschland
7 comments
Level 8

Re: How time has impact on my contribution

Hi @TorM

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm feeling the same. I would add another factor and that is technology - namely AI. With the amount of data that Google has and a tremendous computational force it is or soon will be able to sort pictures better than humans resulting in the policy of "gimmie whatever you can fetch, I'll deal with it."

Connect Moderator

@N4speed77

@Julien44

Level 10

@TorM 

great thread the history of the interior of the houses think how many details there are .... congratulations!
passage of the rooms from 1960-1970?

Connect Moderator

@Gio51x

1960 is missing, as well 1990 (maybe with a  Telefon and the „nuclear“ microwave). 

And 2015 with the „Thermomix“ stuff and the cell charger.

Level 10

@TorM  

objects and appliances mark the ages

Connect Moderator

Yes, @Gio51x, exactly.

There is a very nice polish song:

Every generation has its time

"Kazdy pokolenja ma swoj czas“

kombi @Anonymous

My wife do not like, but I love the melody...

Level 10

@TorM

Keep contributing ignoring what people would think about in future. 

@TorM wrote:

Hello all,

in fact I try to upload only one picture per place. The old role with Google was fine for me. For photos per place only one point.

But different perspectives of a place were not recognized. So fine for me.

Now after some month being a local guide I discovered the next issue.... This is time. When visiting a place I see that also within some month, it has totally changed.

Now it is more like a „museum“ for me. Like the following pictures I took in a real museum (Freilichtmuseum Wasmaier).

Kitchen in the beginning of 1900Kitchen in the beginning of 1900

Kitchen in around 1920, when electricity cameKitchen in around 1920, when electricity came

Kitchen in 1950 when Radio, TV and Radio arrivedKitchen in 1950 when Radio, TV and Radio arrived

Kitchen around 1970Kitchen around 1970Now the kitchen could have a dishwasher, microwave, coffee mashine...

So, in fact think about what people will think about the pictures we post today... 😉

Maybe they will smile, because they are not 3D, Holographic, you „only“ can see, but not touch... ??? Who knows....

So, keep on contributing for the future, that they know we have been here as well 😉

@ProfArunCM

@Gio51x

@MagdaG

@OSAMA

@JeanRV

@Anonymous