DanielPetrov's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How dangerous it is to contribute to Google maps?

Hey @rushay

I never have such experience like yours (simple here in Bulgaria there is no elephants and lions - only in Zoo ) and looks enough dangerous too be in highlighted here!  I think I know what you mien and Thank you for share this!

I think contribution on Google maps have that dark side where some criminal minds get advantage of data that is on Maps that all we putted there for free and I think we all should be concern of that.

For me best solution is not give that tips to bad guys. I just pass that kind of objects and places where I can put useful info for criminals.

My advise for you is just pass this contribution. I wondering what others think this about this issue ... 

Level 7

So it happened the other day when I was clicking photo of  a shop to list that on Map, the owner said why are you clicking pics of my shop?
I told him that I'm gonna add your store on Google Maps and you can get some visitors from this, as you are having this store located on roadside of a highway. To which he replied that I'm happy with my current business and I don't need such things. Delete those photos right now.
I was shocked about that mindset. 

Level 7

Sorry 🙂

But your badge still showing level 9 so that was the reason.

Level 8

Thank you for your good suggestion. Stay safe and keep contributing. ☺

Level 10

@DanielPetrov Wow! That's a lot of cool information about Bulgarian yogurt! I live in Bangkok now, but i'm originally from the US. They have a few brands of Bulgarian yogurt here, and when I was young, my mom used to make her own yogurt. I love yogurt!

Level 10

Hey @ChandraBhanu

There is nothing to sorry about 🙂 if read my conversation with @JosephDewey you will see that actual status and status here need time to be synchronize. 

In a matter of fact yesterday i discus my contribution with owner of local and national business to make some edits map witch he didn't a prof  and I represent myself as 10 stars contributor.

I just show him screen on my phone:

Screenshot_20180504-095949.png

Level 8

Welcome to Local Guides Connect @DanielPetrov! Congratulations for your contributions on Google maps! 

I'm glad to meet more fellow Bulgarian local guides especially from my home city Sofia🙂 

I'm contributing to Google Maps long before Local Guides platform started. My posts are stories where I demonstrate practical implementation of Google tools in a variety of combinations, such as Public Lists , Google Apps and more.Count me in for shouting out the beauty of Sofia city capital and travelling across Bulgaria.

I take the opportunity to recommend a proof check tool  in the English language. I hope it's ok to add this info, as part of my effort for best content creation practices that might serve all local guides, including myself.  

Keep on creating better Google Maps user experience!

#BeKnownForWhatYouCreate
Level 10

Hi @NinCo

Thanx for welcome me! Pretty nice that your from Sofia as same as I. So I click on Sofia link and resend me to Google Ad Grands  so what is deal here?

Nice u contribute in combination with Google tools and that stuff such as Public Lists , Google Apps . I'm not sure and don't wont to make free advertising here but is really interesting app iLove Bulgaria witch is actually government tool for tourists. It is Google map based and is really helpful for Sofia visitors. Did you try it? If you do I will be glad to find out what you think about it?

I don't know how are you with time but I almost every day get shoots of Sofia some i publish some not but will be happy to make one photo tour in Sofia together so just say when you free and we can make it happen.

About the tool of grammar it seem useful, probably i will try and write about it, just to see is it in conflict  with google ones. 

This top here is about the issue of How dangerous is to contribute and when I posted was very fundamental personal matter and I glad and thankful too community here for there help to handle with this...If you ask me about this topic now I think it have some main  fundamental questions about it and one of more important is: Are business control local contributors when you try to be real contributor or not?

Nice to know be safe!    

Level 8

Google can help with this, simple solution, up to the contributer level, Google can send us a cartoon badge with QR barcode for verification, so if you encounter such problem, the owner can scan your badge to verify that you are a verified Google map contributer. 

Level 10

Hi @fakoua

Thank you for sharing this info. Didn't know that!

I will try it but on my phone i can't find were is that option or settings, can you tell me the path to this QR code on cartoon badge request to Google, i try to such it but don't get it how to deal!?