KAbhishek's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How can I Get Local Guides Card & T-Shirt ?

Hi ,

I have one question it is not possible that those LG achieved level 3- 5  got them authenticate mail. that it is allready mentioned badges on our profile picture but if  some one go to Business marchant he asked them pls show your Business card. it's my thinking.

So we wanted to think about Local Guide. all achiever eligible for Card and T shirts

Thanks

Patna, Bihar, India
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How can I Get Local Guides Card & T-Shirt ?

Hi @KAbhishek, and thank you for the feedback.

As you know, Local Guides is a voluntary program and you shouldn't present yourself as a Googler. You if any merchant feels uneasy about you taking photos, you can just tell them that you are going to upload those pictures to Google Maps.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

Hi @LuisRG,

Thanks for your valuable feedback or Good information but please  take do something my topic in future . i know also onething what introduce about myself with Marchant  I am  Google Local Guide.

Thanks

Level 10

From my side the Google Local Guides program shouldn't be used in the job field. All is based on volunteer review, modification, addition. If someone use the shield of Local Guide in order to do business he will use the work did by many other Local guides...

Former Google Contributor

Exactly @RiccyB. One thing is to say that you are a Local Guide if a business owner notices that you are really interested in taking pictures of his business. But you never should use your status as a Local Guide as a means to do business with any merchant.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

@KAbhishek

I go to a lot of businesses and I take a lot of photos at the businesses. When there is a need for a 360 photo, I ask the business manager and/or owner if it's  OK for me to take a 360 photo. If they do not know what I am referring to, I explain to them the process of taking the 360 photo, the purpose of the 360 photos, and that I voluntarily upload images and information about businesses and locations around the area that I live and area that I am in to Google Maps. I really try hard not to miss lead the businesses that I go to. We as Local Guides must ensure that we are 100% leading these businesses in a direction that they know we are volunteering this information to Google maps.  We don't work for Google, yet. That is my goal. To join what I believe is one of the best teams out here. I believe this is the opportunity to do so. And if it doesn't work out, it will. 

Level 10

Me too want to get the same.

@PatKea @KAbhishek @LuisRG @RiccyB

@PatrickK wrote:

@KAbhishek

I go to a lot of businesses and I take a lot of photos at the businesses. When there is a need for a 360 photo, I ask the business manager and/or owner if it's  OK for me to take a 360 photo. If they do not know what I am referring to, I explain to them the process of taking the 360 photo, the purpose of the 360 photos, and that I voluntarily upload images and information about businesses and locations around the area that I live and area that I am in to Google Maps. I really try hard not to miss lead the businesses that I go to. We as Local Guides must ensure that we are 100% leading these businesses in a direction that they know we are volunteering this information to Google maps.  We don't work for Google, yet. That is my goal. To join what I believe is one of the best teams out here. I believe this is the opportunity to do so. And if it doesn't work out, it will.