GregW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: How are photo views calculated?

I've had the same question. For example, I uploaded a picture of my tri tip sandwich from a local Deli/Pizza place in my home town, it's been 1 month and that photo has over 47,000 views! That's over 1,000 views a day!!! I'm thinking the photo somehow got stuck in the Google verification process or something.

Take care,

Jim

Level 10

It could be that the numbers are correct. everything from thumbnails to the photo being viewed on maps to the picture possible being embedded on other sites are all counted.

Level 6

Thanks Marc_G!!

Level 8

This all makes good sense to me.

What puzzles me is why one of my photos, only just uploaded, has received 8,000+ views in a week.

Has it been used in a news story, or what ? 

Not complaining, just slightly puzzled. 

SDG

... and now another photo of mine has spiked to a quarter million views. Interesting !

Stephen Gard | The BlueDawe Studio
Level 9

Love it 🙂 

Level 6

Hello, I do the exact same thing except in my little home town!!!

Level 6

Hi there, SarahLynn! I've found it to be a kind of fun little hobby. Hope you're having fun with it, love to see some of your pics of your little town and where you live. That little picture of my Tri Tip sandwich still hasn't stopped. It's now at 123,173, after approx. 93 days. That's around 1,324 views per day, so I still think something must be up but whatever! 😂

Take care, SaraLynn!!

Level 9

Hi @StephenGard!

What you have post is really amazing !!!

May I put one humble request ? 

Can I have a look of that photograph ?

If possible, please  send me the link.

Awaiting for your photograph .

Mondrito

Level 6

https://goo.gl/maps/cyWSswHCHxC2

This is the link to my tri tip sandwich picture. you can also search for, Patterson, California USA, look for a sandwich/pizza shop called, Touchdown Pizza. Thanks!!

Level 9

Hi @GregW!!

I too bit curious about how are viewing numbers are counted .

I can tell one incident : I uploaded one photograph of a statue which has been a quite neglected ones               ( though highly unfortunate) , I was really moved to observe the mass negligence of a great personality         ( whose photograph I uploaded) , now after getting uploaded it's viewing is increasing in leaps and bounds !!!

Really strange !!!!!

Mondrito