NunungAfuah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

How Local Guides program connected me to these awesome Japanese people!

Caption: Collage of photos Local Guides Nunung met JapaneseCaption: Collage of photos Local Guides Nunung met Japanese

It started when I read post about Japan by @yamamo_cchi which I interacted with @Izumi san in the comments. Since I have a plan to travel to Japan to join Contributor Conversations, I searched her Instagram account and reached her through the direct message. At first I did not know that Izumi san is a female (It's true!). I asked @HiroyukiTakisawa  for the confirmation. The best thing about it was her who helped me to find the route from my hotel to Google Shibuya Japan. We also planned to spend the night together, well it's girls day! The unforgettable moment about our meet up was I could not speak Japanese while she could not speak English. So we communicated through Google Translate (OMG thanks Google!). Thanks Izumi san for the help🤗

Caption: Local Guides Nunung and Izumi wear Japanese Traditional ClothCaption: Local Guides Nunung and Izumi wear Japanese Traditional Cloth

At night, I joined a meet up hosted by @Anzu with some Japanese Local Guides at Italian Bar and Trattoria. I tried to wear a Kimono which was brought by @Yucco . It was my first time ever trying Kimono. After the meet up ended, I found them on Instagram (again) and we connected until today.

Caption: Local Guides Nunung took a picture with Japanese manCaption: Local Guides Nunung took a picture with Japanese man

The last one is the person that I met was a Japanese man that I met on my way back to the hotel. I wish he was a Local Guide as well.  He helped me to find my hotel. I connected to him through social media.  

Honestly, Japan is always my favorite country to visit. Thanks Google for making it happen and connecting people that I have only seen online on Connect before. Arigato Gozamaisu all of Japanese people! My travel last month was more exciting because of our awesome meet up!

Best Regards,

Nunung Afuah

Indonesia Local Guides
20 comments
Level 10

Re: How Local Guides program connected me to these awesome Japanese people!

Connect Moderator

Hi, @NunungAfuah 

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed Japan and met many friends. We will always welcome you, so please come visit us again. And when we go to your country, please tell us about your country😊

Connect Moderator

Hi @ken_jp san actually I was looking for your Connect account, I am glad that you spot this post! Thanks for the warm welcome 🤗

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa san! Yes I am so excited to visit Japan!!! Please let me know if you want to visit Indonesia 😘

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

Hi Nunu san, your post brought back some fun memories. thank you. As you say, maybe because my account photo is not a selfie, there were people in other communities who thought I was a man until I actually met them. Hahaha. 😅

I'm really glad I was able to help you. Shibuya Station is a huge and complex station with many lines passing through. And since the current Shibuya Station is being renovated, there are many passages that are different from the street view on Google Maps, making it even more complicated. When I went to look up directions from your hotel to Shibuya Stream, I also got lost there. 😵💫💦

1000004899.jpg

Caption: A two-shot photo in front of the hotel's elevator hall

Google Translate helped us a lot that day. This is called "Google sama sama" in Japanese.😁

@NunungAfuah san.

Since it was a selfie, I replaced it with a photo facing the correct orientation.

``What's the difference?'' Is the left collar of the kimono above the right collar.😌

Connect Moderator

Ohhh I loooveee this photo @Izumi san! It's in the morning when you went home, right? I want to write about this right after going back home as my thankful to the Japanese people. In fact, it needs more than 2 weeks 🤭 

Ah I want to tell you about my story. I went to Seven Eleven before taking my bus to the airport. I was confused how to pay, then my mobile phone was left on the cashier. After I came out from the store, fortunately, I knew it then I went back to the cashier. She (the cashier lady) kept my mobile phone! This is amazing! 

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

You forgot your cell phone at the cashier at a convenience store, but the cashier kept it? wonderful! I'm glad your phone is back to you.🤳

You guessed it. The photo was taken in the morning when I returned home. Nunu-san looks cute in this photo, and I'm proud of it. 🥰At this point, I thought I was laughing, but I ended up making a funny face.😮🤣

Level 8

Yes you're correct @NunungAfuah  i also saw some of Japanese people in Bharat communicat throw Google translator . Yeah We can say thanks Google 👍

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Connect Moderator

That's a wonderful memory of our meet up @Izumi san. Do not forget to tag me if you reply so I could read easily 😘

You're right @ShailendraOjha, language barrier is gone when we use the right technology. Btw, Bharat is officially used now? I wish I could visit your country someday! 

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

Oh, it was! I forgot to tag it.🤦‍♀️ thanks @NunungAfuah san.🙏💞