armand32y's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

How Local Guides motivated me to travel more and share

10 years ago, everytime I traveled I had to print out a lot of screenshots or use a paper map. I got lost several times and missed great opportunities to visit or eat while I was there.

Then I got my first iPhone and started to travel with only that and a lot of joy. It became easier to travel knowing where I was and where I was going to. Google Maps helped me and travel with me in every step of every journey. Then Local Guides came along, with useful tips from... yes, locals, and authentic non-photoshopped photos, with reviews and the great "do not"s. I think that when you are traveling, specially on your own, to a city, town or even a country you do not know, the information in real time, from real native people is vital and so helpful. Nowadays we trust in strangers and their reviews, videos and photos. But having Google Maps and Local Guides as backup and filters is what makes the difference between making mistakes when you are traveling and traveling safe.

It is not just to hace information, Local Guides help you to have the right information, the opportunity to start a discussion, to get help and advices from people who has already been there, done that or eaten those. 

Now I have a baby, I can't travel as I could wish, but I can help others with local tips and information about Xalapa, my hometown. 

Hope I can help others as they helped me.

Jalapa, Ver., Mexico