LiaH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How I Become A Google Local Guide

Hi Google and other Google Connect Member,

My name is Lia Harahap from Jakarta, Indonesia. I am Google Local Guide Contributor Level 6.

ME AS FULL TIME BLOGGER AND VLOGGER

I am a full time blogger and vlogger who loves to write and share about beauty and lifestyle. I write since 2008 started from an online personal diary. Now I write what I love. I have "travel" as one of my specific category both in my blog and vlog. 

My blog has 64.000+ page views for whole March 2018. And my YouTube Channel is now has 1.031 subscribers.

Even though I write and talks most of beauty, I also think that travel is a part of everyone. You can't just stay still and doing nothing for an hour, a day, a week, a month, or even a year. We all walking, riding, and of course moving. That's why I think traveling is part of everyone.

Through my job, I always need go to some places. Sometimes I go to an event to attend invitation. Sometimes I go to some places to find inspiration for my blog. And I sometimes got an opportunity to try the service of some business and review it on my blog.

Recently I went to Singapore for blogger activityRecently I went to Singapore for blogger activity

Got a chance to spend a night at Aston Priority Simatupang, Jakarta, IndonesiaGot a chance to spend a night at Aston Priority Simatupang, Jakarta, Indonesia

These things got me so many opportunities to go to new places. Most of my work held at restaurants, hotels, public spaces, and many things. Not to mention that sometimes I enjoy traveling for refreshing. I absolutely got a chance to take pictures, try their foods, try their services, and everything.

ME AS A GOOGLE LOCAL GUIDES CONTRIBUTOR 

I really enjoy my job. I really enjoy sharing my experience through my personal blog. At some point I think I should make a short review for people who need it. I know some people don't like a long story. They just want to read what is useful for them.  

That's why I joined Google Local Guides to share my review about some places. This is my way to help people who need the information about it. 

Join Jakarta Good Guide City Tour and eat at Ragusa, Italian Ice CreamJoin Jakarta Good Guide City Tour and eat at Ragusa, Italian Ice Cream

See butterflies at Taman Gita Persada, Lampung, IndonesiaSee butterflies at Taman Gita Persada, Lampung, Indonesia

Most of my time, I always review about places in Jakarta on Google Local Guides. But once a year I go outside and travel to other cities or countries. 

Not only review about the general information (like the location, the taste of food, the service, etc.), I usually put some details information like are they provide prayer's room, or is it the toilet is clean enough, and any details. I do this because I am the one who really find a comfortable and nice place. Hygiene is number one. 

The prayers room at Grand Zuri Hotel, IndonesiaThe prayers room at Grand Zuri Hotel, Indonesia

I want to show people that the place is neat and cleanI want to show people that the place is neat and clean

If you have same personalities like me, I hope my review will be very useful for you. 

WHY I JOIN GOOGLE LOCAL GUIDES SUMMIT 2018?

Living in Indonesia since I was born, makes me wanna know more about other countries. I have never been to any other countries until 2012 when I went to Kuala Lumpur for business trip (while I still an employee). I really couldn't forget the joy and happiness when my plane landed on the local airport. 

"I finally see other country by myself, my own"

And then I went to Bangkok for the first time for holiday. And still the feeling is the same. Until now, I always feel happy every time I travel to other country (and also other places in my country).

Maybe this is crazy, but I think having a chance to go to America through Google Local Guides Summit 2018 will be a very good opportunity for me. I really want to see the powerful country which I have only seen it on books or tv. I want to know their cultures, I want to know their favorite foods (do they like spicy foods like Indonesians?), I want to know their technology, and many things.

Not only that, meeting other people from many countries will encourage me to be more happy. I can talk with them, sharing experiences, ask about their countries, and many things in my mind.

I hope Google can see my journey and grant my wishes.

Thanks all for reading my whole story 🙂 

My Submission for Google Local Guides Summit 2018

6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How I Become A Google Local Guide

Hey @LiaH,

Thanks for your great introduction. I always enjoy long and meaningful posts complemented with good photos.

I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our spam filters run 24/7 and sometimes they can be pretty harsh. I have just released your post.

Best of luck to you!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

Hi @GeorgesHR,

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking if I did something wrong. So I change the title and change my user name. Actually, I post the previous link to submit for Google Local Guide Summit. Is it still okay? 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @LiaH,

You can change the title of your post and your username as much as you want.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Wow.. wonderful post @LiaH

It's pleasure to hear about your story.. If you get a chance in Connect Live 18.. you can hear and experience around 150 inspiring stories like this and improves your skill as a local guide and helps tons of peoples around world.. This is what I really want to attend Connect Live 18.. Hope we can all meet togather.

Thanks @GeorgesHR for releasing this post from spam list and available for us to read..

Level 6

I see. I hope it doesn't affect my submission. Hopefully 🙂

Thank you so much @GeorgesHR

Level 6

Hi @FuvadShah

Thanks so much. I really hope we can join the Connect Live 18 and shares our experiences from each country. Your message is kind. Thank you.