DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How Google map helps us in emergency - My interview published in local newspaper

My short interview regarding "How Google map helps us in emergency" and "local guides news" has been published in Bartaman Patrika yesterday (2nd Jan 2017), Bartaman Patrika which is the 2nd largest circulated Bengali daily with average daily circulation of 6,50,129

@GusMoreira @TraciC @Corrie @AnoukV I hope you like this news. 

2017 - 1.jpg

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How Google map helps us in emergency - My interview published in local newspaper

That's great, @DrShaunak! What did the article say? 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

Re: How Google map helps us in emergency - My interview published in local newspaper

@JeslynL Thank you.

They (the reporter & news team) put a heading "how Google maps help us in emergency". They briefly mentioned what is local guides program and advantages of being a local guide and how one can join into this program and contribute to maps by various ways. They congratulated me for my active participation in Local guides program. I have edited/added many hospital, nursing home listings of our locality in Google maps. It helps our fellow citizens a lot.

They mentioned an example like in unlikely event of an emergency such as accident, sudden chest pain in midnight or need of urgent blood etc. people often hesitate how to go to nearest hospital or ask for help. I said if you ever face these situations do not panic and you can simply get doctors/hospitals name listings, address, timings, direction (expected distance from your place) by searching things (say Cardiologists in Kolkata, Hospitals in kolkata etc) in Google maps. People just need an android/apple phone where Google maps app installed and internet connection.

The paper also mentioned even Google map gives us the live traffic in our city by showing four different highway color in maps. The feature is wonderful.

Regarding the online paper link they update their paper link daily and unfortunately they do not have any archive place. However I have copied yesterday's published story and that can be translated in English (From Bengali) with the help of Google translator.  I will give you the link soon.   

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

@JeslynL @Corrie @TraciC As I said earlier I have copied the news article from their official page. The article was written in Bengali. I have translated the whole article by using Google translator. However I am very sorry as many errors are there in translation as Google translator is not so good in Bengali translation. 😞

Hope the following doc link in my Google drive helps you to read my exact story as they published in their newspaper. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cy0SibHEEzz-tjqP8ukzxP-B3qlGHVIszYSUoikMkEY/edit?usp=sharing 

Thanks & regards,
Shaunak 
Shaunak 

Thank you so much @DrShaunak! 🙂 

It's wonderful, thank you so much for sharing, @DrShaunak! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.