Kiragu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Hiking

one of the giraffes in hell's gate.one of the giraffes in hell's gate.

kiragu
Naivasha, Kenya
6 comments
Level 6

Hiking

Hell's gate National park.Went hiking and came across this beautiful zebra.Went hiking and came across this beautiful zebra.

kiragu
Level 9

Re: Hiking

beautiful @Kiragu 

you can share more details for us.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Teyanitours,

Welcome to the Local Guides community!

Thanks for sharing you hiking experience with us! Both of your post contain very interesting animals - a zebra and a giraffe. I have seen them only in zoo gardens. Can you please tell us more about the place you have visited? Is it enjoyable for hikers? I would love to see more photos from Kenya.

Reading these 14 helpful tips for using Local Guides Connect and the 5 core values on Connect will definitely help you on how to use Connect and follow the guidelines. You’re welcome to introduce yourself in this monthly topic and say “Hi” to everyone!

I hope you won't mind that I've merged your latest posts about hiking together.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Hey @KatyaL and @AbdullahAM Thank you for your replies. This photos were taken at Hell's gate national park. Hell's gate national park lies south of Lake Naivasha in Kenya, north west of Nairobi. Hell's Gate National Park is named after a narrow break in the cliffs, once a tributary of a prehistoric lake that fed early humans in the Rift Valley. The park is popular due to its close proximity to Nairobi and lowered park fees compared to other National Parks.Hiking, bicycling, motorcycling and even camping are encouraged within the park, one of only two Kenyan national parks where this is allowed. There is a wide variety of wildlife in the national park, though many are few in number. This include, lions, cheetahs, over 103 species of birds in the park, including vultures, Verreaux's eagles, augur buzzard, and swifts. Others are African buffalo, zebra, eland, hyenas and baboons.The main setting of the 1994 film, The Lion King is heavily modeled after the park, where several lead crew members of the film went to the park to study and gain an appreciation of the environment for the film. In this park there is Geothermal spa first of it's kind in Africa. I had really fun in the water in the pool because the pool has hot warm water.Fischer's tower.Fischer's tower.IMG-20190313-WA0018.jpgbuffaloesbuffaloesIMG-20190313-WA0006.jpg

kiragu
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Kiragu,

I find this information very interesting! Your photos of all animals are amazing! Thanks a lot for explaining all these details! It's great that the Hell's gate national park is openned for visitors and there is a variety of activities.

I would like to advise you to add the Google Maps links of the locations, as this way everyone will have a better orientation. And then, if you would like to use other sources of information, please give a proper credit to the authors. As you probably know already, here on Connect we respect the original and own content. Here you can read more about the original content guidelines on Connect.

P.S. I really enjoyed the last Lion King movie - the landscapes, the animals and the songs are great! Thanks for telling us about the film setting of the 1994 film. I wasn't aware about the exact place of the setting in Kenya and I'm happy I learnt something new.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Hey @KatyaL am glad to be part of connect and share this information. You are welcome.

kiragu