Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Hi from Surabaya, Indonesia!

Hello there fellow guides!

IMG_0275.jpg

I'm Felix, from Surabaya, Indonesia.

Recently I just discovered about #localguidesconnect from the invitation email to join.. well so here I am to introduce myself to the world!

I'm currently working as an architect. Partnerning with my colleagues, I'm opening a small design studio at his garage. Well currently it's just a small studio, but hey even disney started his career at his garage too!

The reason why I love to guide in google maps because it's the most effective and efficient way to connect and help people!! Well especially in my hometown (and typically all cities around Indonesia),  major population use private transportation rather than public transportation (including me, sadly. Public transportation here isn't as good and safe as other countries). You wouldn't see many people walking around the street like in Europe or Japan and Korea. So it's kinda hard to ask random citizen about a place or destnation or other questions to locals when you're a tourist in our country. Google maps has been a MAJOR lifesaver for us as we only need an internet connection to getting nearly everywhere and knowing everything around this world. I'm thrilled to know that we could be the part of that lifesaver by becoming a guide.

And it's also very convinient for me to do some kindness here in google maps. Currently I'm using google pixel phone, and somehow it keeps notify me to contribute in google maps, or whether someone is asking about a place in google maps. And, voila, i got points and level-ups!

Well, our lives is too short for a wrong moves or a bad place, isn't it?

my current obsession : Iced coffee. Feel free to ask me about a good coffee shop in Surabaya, or any other things! Cheers!

Surabaya City, East Java, Indonesia