Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Heritage Stepwell Ahmedabad

Thank you for your prompt response @Anonymous. Keep up sharing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Rudabai stepwell aka Adalaj stepwell represents the strength, grit and undying love of Rudabai for her husband. She accepted the marriage proposal of Mohammed Begada after her husband Rana Veer Singh's defeat/death on the condition that this half built stepwell started by her husband be completed. Mohammed Begada accepted the condition, and on completion of the stepwell, Rudabai jumped into it. All she wanted was to fulfill her husband's dream. This stepwell is a fine blend of different architectural styles. The temperature inside the stepwell is 3 - 4 degrees less than outside.

The entranceThe entrance

Steps of the stepwell!Steps of the stepwell!

Hey @PriyankaU,

Your photos are great! Thanks a lot for taking your time and sharing them with us!

For me it was nice to learn something new. Are there many tourists who come for a visit?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you @KatyaL, yes it's a historical site built in 1498, many tourists visit this place every year. 

Hi @PriyankaU,

Thank you for the additional information. It would be great if you could post more information about the places you share here on Connect, so that the other Local Guides can learn more about it and have some handy travel details if they decide to visit it.

I hope to see your next travel stories and great pictures here. Have fun!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!