carlosxsm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Helping small local business to grow

Hi, 

I think one of the most interesting things we are able to do as local guides is actually very important, I am talking about helping small businesses grow. Since they may not have all the resources of big chains or corporations, they rely on popular opinions and experiences being spread in the community where they are located.

As a local guide, I enjoy visiting new and interesting places, and once I am done with my visit, for example bars, restaurants, museums,  parks, among other places, I try to be as helpful as possible for both prospective visitors and the businesses themselves. Personally, for the past few years, I have relied on people's opinions when making the final decision about planning a visit to a new, and perhaps trendy place.

IMG_0577.jpg

If the place in mind does not have or has very few comments and reviews, I feel the duty of visiting the place and write reviews so as to help attract the correct target customers for that business. It may seem like very little help, but if we all start doing it and trusting each other's opinions, we are actually helping people and the economy.

IMG_0891.jpg

Stony Brook, NY, USA