andreguilhon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Helping parents to have a good time

In my town, I'd dare to say in my country, there are only a few places that are "kid friendly". I'm not saying kids are not allowed or not well treated in places. 

I'm saying restaurants don't have a kids place, with toys, space, monitors etc. for kids to spend some time while their parents have a little fun.

Being a parent is really great, but sometimes all you want to do is have a nice meal, talk to your friends, have a nice cold beer, while you know your kids are also having fun. This is not the same thing as having your kids to be seated watching "Galinha pintadinha" (a very well known kids "hypnotizer" in Brasil). Fun times are for all, adults and kids, and if they can have fun in the same place, once in a while this is great!

Discovering those places can be a pain. And, if you are like me, that like to know new places, well, good luck in your search. Although Google Maps does help a lot in this constant search for places, there is a lot of room for enhancements. Lots of times a place that is said to be "kid friendly" can only offer a piece of paper and a bunch of sharp less pencils. So, every time I find a place that has a "real kids place", I make sure I write a review telling parents what to expect. 

What do you think is a good practice to do this? Do you also have these kind of "issues"?