mosak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Healthy bread that reduce heart disease

malungay.jpg

In Bacolod City, there was a trending bread nowadays that is called Malunggay Pandesal. it is a local bread that usually serves early in the morning for breakfast. Malunggay or Moringa oleifera is a plant that has been praised for its health benefits for thousands of years. hoping in the future, just like this local pandesal that contains healthy benefits will open other doors to new healthy food that can help us.

These are the benefits of Moringa oleifera:

1. Moringa leaves are rich in many important nutrients, including protein, vitamin B6, vitamin C, riboflavin and iron.
2. Moringa oleifera is rich in various antioxidants, including quercetin and chlorogenic acid. Moringa leaf powder can increase blood antioxidant levels.
3. Moringa leaves may lead to reduced blood sugar levels, but more research is needed before any solid recommendations can be made.
4. Moringa oleifera has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. This effect has not been studied in humans.
5. Moringa oleifera can lower your cholesterol levels, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease.

Bottom Line: 

Moringa oleifera is an Indian tree that has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years. however, only a few of its many reputed health benefits have been studied scientifically. to date, studies show that Moringa oleifera may lead to modest reductions in blood sugar and cholesterol. It may also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and protect against arsenic toxicity. Moringa leaves are also highly nutritious and should be beneficial for people who are lacking in essential nutrients.

Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
3 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Healthy bread that reduce heart disease

Hello @mosak,

Welcome to Connect.

Thank you for sharing this information with us, this will be very useful for the other Local Guides. The bread look so delicious did you bake it yourself?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 2

Hi @AngieYC.. thanks for your comment.. sorry to say I don't know how to bake this XD this bread available in our country and it is very cheap. I will share other helpful info in connect 🙂

Google Moderator

Hello @mosak,

Because the information you shared sounds professional, that's why I thought you're a baker.

Can you add some other pictures showing the varieties of breads you have there? I'm sure it will be interesting for the other Local Guides. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!