gcidade's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Hang gliding in São Conrado - Rio - Brazil

One of the best and most original views from the Rio de Janeiro city is through the air. From decades already tourists (and locals!) can take a double hang gliding flight from the top of the "Pedra da Gávea" stone down to the São Conrado beach. It's presumably quite safe though I never had the courage to do it because I'm not very fond of heights! I prefer to stay on the ground level taking pictures. It's so nice to see the excitement on the faces of the passengers! The view is definitely amazing!

Hang gliding landing at the São Conrado BeachHang gliding landing at the São Conrado Beach

São Conrado, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Hang gliding in São Conrado - Rio - Brazil

Hey @gcidade,

Welcome to Connect!

Wow, amazing photo! Thanks for sharing this with us! Do you mind telling us the equipment you've used to capture this shot?

PS: You're welcome to Introduce Yourself in our monthly topic and feel free to leave your review on Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Moderator

Hello @gcidade,

Wow, that looks so fun! Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo with the Community! I would like to see Rio de Janeiro myself some day and when I do, I will definitely try this hang gliding flight. Is this beach famous among tourists? Can you share a bit more information on how to reach this place and when is the best time to visit?

If you can add a bit more details to your great photo I’m sure it will help others to understand why you are sharing and why they should read your posts. To make your post more interactive you can read this article on What makes a good post on Connect.

I think that @FelipePK has visited this beach and enjoyed it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Olá @gcidade,

Prazer em conhecê-lo.

Oh praia de São Conrado, que lugar maravilhoso. Eu fui poucas vezes à ela mais adoro o lugar e é bem legal ver os voos de asa delta. Eu particularmente nunca tinha o prazer de voar de asa delta ainda mais da Pedra da Gávea =/. Você já? 

Na minha região é mais comum os voos de Parapente/Paraglider do Pico Agudo em Santo Antonio do Pinhal. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!