BudiFXW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Habits that impact my contributions points

The frequent asking questions that I received latest is how you collect your contribution points, how you get your level 10, It surprising me to, so I think the root cause is my daily habits, so I make a list of my habits that significantly raising my Local Guide contributions point.     

Habit # 1. Google Calendar Planning.

I do weekly planning,  long before using six holes  11cm x 16.5 cm paper based organizer.

Now I migrate to Google Calendar.

I do weekly planning for unroutine activities / tasks and put Google Maps location.  Planning about Quality Management System in a factory.Planning about Quality Management System in a factory.

Location of the factory.Location of the factory.

1. Adding places in my timeline of Google Maps when I stay in a location.

I will be happy if I had green checked mark. But sometimes the green check mark doesn’t appear.

1. Reviewing on the location

Do reviewing while have time, traffic jam . Waiting in the train station, Commuter line stop due queuing in side the train        station.

1. Taking photos on the location

My timeline with some locationsMy timeline with some locations

My upcoming places.My upcoming places.

My visited places.My visited places.

Checking the facts.Checking the facts.

Places that needed to be checked.Places that needed to be checked.

Pop up places need to be review and rate.Pop up places need to be review and rate.

Number of My Contributions.Number of My Contributions.

1. Checking the facts

Special for category and English translation.

Note :

This topic planned to be shared at the first aniversary of Jakarta Local Guides.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Bogor, West Java, Indonesia
22 comments
Level 7

Re: Habits that impact my contributions points

Thank you so much for summarizing  your presentation during the 1st anniversary of Jakarta Lical Guides on lat Sunday, 8 April 2018, and sharing it here, Pak, as we missed your session. It is really appreciated. 

Level 8

awesome @BudiFXW all activities are well organized with combination of google product .it's very positive habits. does this method help for map editing approval process? 

I also use timeline feature to monitor my daily activities!!!

Level 7

wow, i'm so amazed when u get your daily planning base are always connected with google maps, i'll try make my own later since i have some business that need a better geo location. Thank you so much Mr. @BudiFXW for a great tutorial.

Level 10

You are my real pals @RahmatHarmanP. I do not do editing and adding places for about six months. I got a traumatic experienced. When I do editing and adding places in the actual.places but be rejected. And the silly kne is I do it several time and ... I lost my level and can not access Local Guides Connect. 

I need several weeks to recovery it by sending several emails.

The level is back.

My point is back

My Local Guides Connect is back.

... but I still dont have courage to do editing and adding places.

Kind regards.

Level 10

Hope you will get your path to helps others by rising the acuracy of Google Maps.

Regards 

Budi

By the way I found another level 10 from Indonesia. Live in Purwokerto. Me and @AgoesSantosa agree that this man is avery very humble man. He just keep contribute and doesn"t care about points and level.

Hope I will met him and learn something from him.

Level 10

Thank you @RahmatHarmanP for your support.

Today I got my courage back by doing an edit.

The result is much much better. Got an email and the status is pending.

Email from Google that my edit being reviewedEmail from Google that my edit being reviewed

The status of edited is Pending not rejected directly.The status of edited is Pending not rejected directly.

Level 10

Very inspiring and detailed information.

Thank you for sharing with us. 

Plan your day, organize your daily activities is very good for people who like travel and go to new places. Instantly they will take photos and review that new place.

But for people who always go to the same place every day. 

IMHO. Maybe they will be discouraged.

Because that daily schedule point to the same location every day. You just can not take picture and review the same place over and over again, right?

LoL

It's just my opinion. That's what I felt, when I tried to schedule my daily routine.

Oh so boring. Keep coming to the same place.

Later on, I use your method on weekends. I plan my visit around my neighborhood. For example this weekend my goal is visiting bakery and pastry shops around my neighborhood.

But still got failed when I use the location  on calendar. Turn out. I realize that I don't use Google calendar. I use calendar installed on my mobile phone. Hahahaha...

Level 8

Level 10 luar biasa, Selamat Pak Fx Budi Widyatmoko, bagaimana tipsnya pak, sampai level 10. Cara mengatur aktivitas kerja dan local guide nya.
Level 10

Pak @BudiFXW ...

Cerita Anda selalu mengalir dengan alamiah. Dasar menjadi 'Jenderal Pemandu Lokal' sangat kokoh. Sama halnya dengan Pak @PaDeSSo

Terima kasih kue infonya yang renyah. Saya yakin. Ini sangat bermanfaat bagi pemandu lokal. Semoga akan semakin banyak peta terang di tanah air. 

Salam Pemandu Lokal

FJoe