KseniaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Guided production tours in Switzerland

Hoi there,

I am continuing my series of post with regard to Switerland and hope you will join me for another round!

This time I wanna introduce to you a list of factories where you can get a guided tour through the productions sites. I always find it very exiting to see how the things I know, use and love are actually done! It fascinates me to take a look at the behind the scenes of a major producer or a small local manufacturer. I love to chat with people, whos work influences lives of thousands (hi Google ? . I have already wrote here once about my visit to the local water treatment facility (here is the Inside of Water Treatment Plant on the lake of Zurich, Switzerland).

Today I was thinking of what I want to do with my kids (yeah, they are always my main inpiration!) over the next months. They come into the age when a lot of "why" questions are asked. So I though it would be great to make one or another visit to this or that factory. So I came up with a list of factories, which open their doors to public and offer guided tours. Please keep in mind, that in view of security and capacity reasons, a prior registration online will be required in most of the cases.

Check out my list once visiting Switzerland! Most of the products are *of course* cheese and chocolate, but I also found some other interesting onces like sugar, glas and designer staff.
https://goo.gl/maps/pzf8fcq562A2

And please let me know if such kind of production tours is popular in your country! I would love to know if you have visited any or what is the company you would like to go behind the scene! In my turn I am so much looking forward to start exploring my list and will definitely keep you posted on my discoveries!!!

And for now - save, follow and share!

Cheers, Ksenia

20180807_110210.jpg

Switzerland
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Guided production tours in Switzerland

Thank you for sharing this fantastic list.  I also like to visit factories. My first production factory was nearly 20 years ago when my family visited a large plant that makes John Deere combines.  

Level 7

Nice. I will check out your list, too, as we are planning to visit Switzerland soon. There are some production tours in The Netherlands as well. In my local area that is much about cheese, but we also have the Heineken Experience in Amsterdam.

But the ones I like the most are in the Champagne region of France. The cellars of the champagne producers are amazing.

Level 10

Hi @schmeester 

thats so cool - 20 years ago! I bet modern productions look a bit different and are worth another visit 🙂

There is something fascination about watching goods being produced, right?

Level 10

Hi @arjantupan 

I am so happy to hear you are coming to Switzerland! Let me know in a case you have any questions or need any support while planing your trip!

I have a couple of other lists of what to do in Switerland, maybe there will be something useful for you!

Enjoy your journey!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @KseniaM,

I've noticed that your post have a German language label, so I removed it. If you want to know more about the language labels I recommend you to read the article How do I find posts in my preferred language?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!