MillyS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Government Sponsered Travel Programs

Hi Everyone!!

So, I'm a university teacher, and quite frequently I find myself speaking to students who say they're biggest dream in the world is to TRAVEL; To travel to Europe, to travel to asia, to travel around the world in general. Now, Dreams are great, but I truly believe we should also take steps toward acheiving these dreams, however when I ask these same students where exactly they would like to visit or when they are going or any specifics of the possible trip, they completely fall apart, or say "one day" " don't know", etc.... How can these "dream trips" become a reality?? 

I've encountered a program that my coutry is now promoting (I live in México) and I've honestly fallen in love with it. They are known as "Becas Vive México" and allow students to travel to another coutry doing voluteer work, and only paying the plane (Room and board, as well as meals are covered by the programs) I'll leave the link for anyone interested. But my query in this post is: How would you help these students? What would you say? and do your countries have any programs like this one?

Greetings to all 😉

http://vivemexico.org/becas-internacionales/como-aplicar.php

México
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Government Sponsered Travel Programs

Interesting, thank you for sharing @MillyS