AgadirVR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google teach me do not give up.

Taking Photographs in the SnowTaking Photographs in the Snow

I had a special experience with Google that I would never forget in my life and I would love to share it with you today.
Like every web users , Google helped me a lot to :

• With Google search, it brings me everyday new webs where i learn a lot, and develop my skills in the informatics field.
  • With YouTube, YouTubers gives all the time free lessons and brings new things all the time,
  • With Google maps, is the compass that helps me find locations and with the additional reviews I make the right decisions,
  • With Google translate, it helps me translate words and difficult sentences and understand others…

For these reasons i am so excited to participate in bringing new features, contributing and help developing these applications. For example i did my best in making my city maps more developed and detailed, I bought a lot of devices such as panoramic cameras , smartphones , I pay a lot of internet bills to load the photos and videos, regardless of my low paycheck, but because of my endless love to what I’m doing I didn’t care about money nor financial problems. And to be honest with you it wasn’t an easy job in my region , people often stop me when I’m taping or taking pictures, they were wondering the reason why I'm there taking videos and photos although it’s public places, and as the time goes I was able to find solutions in how to convince them that putting pictures of there stores in Google has a lot of advantages. Sometimes my phone gets stolen 😊 but my passion doesn’t let me stop.

We-should-not-give-up-and-we-should-not-allow-the-problem-to-defeat-us-640x640.jpg

As an employee of my city municipality, I noticed a big shortage in community facilities in Google maps, and it’s hard to find or determine the places such as administrations, stadiums, museums….for this reason I came up with a project called AGADIR VR which goal is linking Google maps and Google Street View, in helping to determine places and make people visit them virtually. but when you work with people that don’t believe in new technology and its power, the project will end up in trash. I suffered a lot, materially and morally, and this is an another story will talk about in another occasion.

Agadir VR projectAgadir VR project

Google local guide has send me an email to participate in the Google forum 2018 , at the beginning I didn’t give it much importance thinking that I didn’t meet up with level and don’t have enough skills and capabilities to participate, but the moment my project was rejected I decided to participate at the last moments, I was surprised after six days that I was accepted, and you can imagine how happy and excited I was, I even translate the mail to French and Arabic and made my wife read it once more for me 😊, it was in believable to be rejected by my administration and Google comes and says thank you for your efforts.

Thank you Google, thanks in believing in me, this participation made me more confident and believe in myself and I Will Not Give up my dreams, I will give life to my project, and share with Agadir citizens and tourists my contribution in Google maps and let theme enjoy the virtual tours via Street View.
Hoping to enjoy being in San Jose, and see old friends and meet up new people who have the passion of giving more.

Thanks Google

Connect Live 2018Connect Live 2018

Agadir, Maroc
1 comment
Level 7

رد: Google teach me do not give up.

شكرا لك

Lahoucine El Kadiri