Globedronner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Google's exploring policy ? Unable to add new locations

Dear Local Guides Community and Google, 

this being my first post, I'm a GLG level 8 with, proudly and so thankfully, more than 1 million views of my photos and reviews too (not so many as photos as I love perhaps more photography than writing and it is said one photo can stand for one thousand words..., but still..almost a master reviewer too).

Being also a traveller and having travelled to remotest areas on our beloved and less cared Earth, I tried to bring my grain of sand on Google Maps, posting (about) locations which, despite being real, are still a terra incognita for Google Maps.

To my surprise, I was unable to post/publish or create new locations when it comes with villages in Amazonian rainforest or in the Namibian remote desert areas or even unable to create locations for meteorological stations in the Arctic regions, meteorological stations which are permanent settles with their own internet webpages where their real existence can be easily verified.

It seems to me, Google is more interested in creating and expanding new locations when it deals with a new bar or restaurant opened in an urban area, but the people I meet in those remote areas have the same rights as us and they deserve to be on the same maps. In fact they are appearing on Google Earth, zooming in, one can see their houses and villages, but this is not enough to determine Google Maps to make them known and visible. I even tried to post photos and shots made on those locations, all with their corresponding geolocation marks recorded when shoot, but, so far, ...Google Maps do not allow to create or inform about any (new or existing) villages that is not already on the map...

All the e-mails I sent to Google informing about this abnormality and providing relevant proofing data received no answer and perhaps I didn't sent them to the right address...Which I'd like to know or find the way make these people appear and having the same rights as all of us. 

The funny thing is many of them have cellular phones and are users of Google services in  places yet do not exist on the Earth's (Google) Map but on Google Earth app...

Keep looking forward, to be able to discover where I could send this information, data and pictures allowing these places to be published too.

I don't want to be only a "bar's explorer", I think this is not the meaning and the purpose, Google created the Explorer's badge too.

Kind regards to all of you,