Tirthankarg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Google local Guides Connect 2018

My name is Tirthankar Ghosh, I am a level 6 local guide from India and Student of GIS and RS and a passionate photographer and Travel Blogger. 

Ever since I was a kid I’ve had this huge passion for exploring the world and photography. My old man is my true inspiration.

To be able to wander around at random and still have string attached leading back to your home is what google maps is all about. I love writing reviews about the awesome places I visit. Posting pictures which inspire other people to do the same and adding specific places to the map which only a true wanderer can know. And to know what I do actually helps other people in their day to day lives, its gratifying.

I honestly can’t imagine my life without Google maps! And in this day and age, I don’t think anyone can.

I feel so honored to have been given this amazing opportunity by Google. I am so excited and looking forward to meet other local guides from all over the world and make new friends. So many amazing people at the same place at same time, sharing their insightful ideas in hopes of building an even better community for the future.

I am sure that this event will be a turning point in my life and make me grow into a better person.

I hope to inspire creativity and motivate other people to contribute to the google local guide program.

Kolkata, West Bengal, India