Brett's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Google Map logic on editing POI

Hi @Brett,

I can see the POI for Harbour City is reverted.  Can you cross check?

Regarding reporting for similar issues, how about post all the problematic POIs here as a reply?

Level 10

Hi @YK1001 and @GusMoreira

It seems all shopping malls are recovered in one go, but hopefully can let us know how to recover if it happen again.

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Brett

The best channel for you to report these problems on Google Maps is the Google Maps Help Forum or if it involves a GMB, the Advertisers Community.

They are equipped to handle inquires and escalate to the right team if necessary. If the case is urgent, you can also escalate to us and we will handle otherwise the Help Forum is your best friend.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@GusMoreira, noted, hope this wouldn't happen again, as each time it take few weeks to recover, and those major shopping mall may affecting few thousands of people daily.

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Level 7

Hello,

I'd suggest that this is not really a "solution" to the question... Simply that this isolated case will be/has been rectified.

We still don't know how this happened nor how to prevent it happening in future.

Can we please have a "lessons learned" from this example, so we can improve going forward?

Paul de Cort
Level 10

It just happened again, the following POI become a shop again.  It should be the shopping mall "Ocean Terminal", rather than one of its shop "Facesss".

Tried to edit but fail again.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/IPSA+@+Facesss,+Ocean+Terminal/@22.29507,114.1649343,17z/data=!3m1...

Level 8
Level 8

In South africa. Gauteng there's hundreds of POI thats been renamed, web addresses changed, and business type.  

Spammers seems targeting shopping malls and starting with petrol stations now. I have reported numerous times.  I have tried changing back/correcting them numerous times without success.

Why can a single corrupt guide make all these edits adding same web adress and name type to multiple POI and the system doesnt flags it as strange?