Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Expires - There is a solution! MultiCloud!

Good to know, thanks @LucioV.

(Y)

Level 8

As a Local Guide, I just have one question.

After the Photos moved from the main account to other accounts, will the photos still be shown correctly in Maps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YK1001

Google Photos (if u use high-resolution backup, not original resolution) is separated from Google Drive, and you will still have your free space on Drive.

But about Maps, when you upload some photo on Maps...you can delete that photo from your device and photo will remain on Maps of course.

If you want to have that photo on your account within Google Photos use back-up high-resolution options for free unlimited space 😉 like those guys who have money to buy Pixel device 🙂

Level 10

Hi dear @Anonymous, This is a good website and is very useful. It is really good to manage all clouds in same place. But this is not good at all to have extra accounts on any service provider like Google. Main reason is that when you create one more account without real activity and only for one purpose (like have more storage) it only takes storage on servers and cause more work by them and it cause to Global Warming itself. This is not what a good volunteer want 🙂 Maybe today we miss something (like more storage on Google) but we obtain more valuable things for future.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not up to me or anybody else individually  (except for a few, that does not apply@Amiran

If Global World wants to stop Global Warming or similar global problems in the world...

Everything should be free for everybody because there is enough for all.

Why "World" does not want to give as free electricity, free electric car, free internet, free food, free water...free life...there is enough for all but no there is a few who has all and many who have nothing or almost nothing.

They are causing global warming and many other problems...even they have all, they want more and more that's why you have to pay for everything...just because they want MORE

Global Warming was my main theme for taking the exam of Holistic management in college.

Movie Equilibrium has some nice ideas... I know it may sound extreme but 🙂

Level 10

You'r right bro, Surely it's not up to persons individually but when all do their roles correctly in huge number it can be really effective. So I mean that me as a member of this world should do my bests for it and for environment and for next generations.

And thanks for your advice, I should watch Equilibrium 😄

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

@Anonymous thanks for sharing a useful tool.

@YK1001 your photos on Google maps will be affected if you move/delete them from the account that you use for Local Guides. they will disappear from google maps too.

@YK1001 wrote:

After the Photos moved from the main account to other accounts, will the photos still be shown correctly in Maps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's also partly true ... @Amiran

But key in this idea from your sentence is "when all", not few, not many but all 🙂

However, even if many do they part...yes it can be effective but can't solve the problem.

I am already doing my part, I don't have car 🙂 and somebody has two cars and private plane etc. 🙂

So he neutralized me and few more people that doing their parts 🙂

Much more is needed to be done, not just to do small things 🙂

But I like your attitude 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome @khammami

But this is not true:

@YK1001 your photos on Google maps will be affected if you move/delete them from the account that you use for Local Guides. they will disappear from google maps too.

@YK1001 wrote:

I just take one photo and upload that photo on Maps...then I was deleted that photo from photos and from trash over drive...photo is still on maps https://goo.gl/maps/nrkZH7nMjZH2

You are uploading photos on Maps not sharing...I have many photos uploaded on Maps but anywhere else.

Level 8

Weird I've lost some contributions because I've deleted some photos from Google drive. May be it affects 360 photos only as I'm not the only one who has faced this problem.

Cc @GusMoreira could you please tell us if moving photos of our contributions or deleting them from Google drive could affect them on Google maps.