TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Free (Extra) Google Drive storage

I got an email on Mar 4, 2017.  And the announcement is post at Connect.

Not sure why you do not got that email.  But as Connect is the official Community for Local Guides, all major announcements can be find here.

Level 5

LMAO- to say that I will find the answers here is lame, I just found this place this week when I was trying to find out about the storage promised.

Level 5

I came to get my answer and got it, now I can move on. I wonder if Google has a hold of my entire life with only 20gb free storage. Has anyone out there tried to completely move away from Google? lol- I'm going to google for "google alternatives"

But yeah people, please move on, but no till you try to answer my question. ha!

Level 8

May I ask what is LMAO?

Level 5

I didn't even know about this until I searched why I wasn't getting my reward. They're making it easy to contribute and impossible to get rewarded, I won't be contributing anything else until they contact me the SAME WAY they always request info: through email or the app.

Level 5

Sampson, it stands for laughing my ass off

Level 7

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

UNJUSTICE!!!!  Google made very little effort to make me aware of what I needed to do to redeem the 100GB of free data for all the hours I have put into being a local guide.  I am very disappointed!  Seems like it was more of a scam to get people to work on their maps and then make a low level effort to make them aware of what needs to be done to keep the data they had earned!  Don't expect anymore work from me on your maps!!!

Level 7

Hi @PastorSteve 

Pls don't lose  hope journey is not end here more cool suprises waiting for everyone of us  pls stay focus on your work more perks will announce later in the year .

Regard 

Sourabh

Former Google Contributor

Hello @PastorSteve,

The offer regarding the 100GB of promotional space ending was made public on March 3rd of this year and Local Guides either received the email or had the ability to unlock it via Local Guides Home. The offer was only open for 30 days upon receiving the benefit and the letter was sent to Local Guides who have opted in to receiving updates on our program. We apologize if you were unable to collect the offer in time as we are no longer able to provide this benefit.

To be on the safe side for making sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates.'

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 1

where is the 1TB free storage? A carrot on a stick?

I read about Google Guides offering 1TB free storage to people who contributed more than 250 points. Bigger piizes went to bigger contributers.  I wanted the storage, and I posted 500 professional quality photos and reviews. I had 1500 points and level 5 or 6 guide rating. It did not upgrade my storage. It's still at 15TB and nearly full. I was very concerned. I searched and searched for the current list of rewards. Nothing was on the google guides page. The only thing that popped up was some useless google radio 2 month free trial membership. Pfft. 

Disappointed and disgusted, I deleted every one of my photos and reviews. Except I left 2 reviews. 1 for McDonalds and 1 for Starbucks.

I'm done with google guide rewards. Not worth the effort. I'll create my own blog.