Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Io me la sono persa...

Level 8

I think this promotion really worked and gave a big boost to Local Guides. It should be renewed!

Also I'd like to see some kind of incentives for high level local guides, as there is not much to achieve up here. Don't get me wrong I love to help, and this is the main reason for doing it, but I think it's nice to get some appreciation for all the work hard work we all put into this thing. I mean the places we review add and up-keep benefit a whole lot form our free work, not to mention the traffic Google gets because of this.

Storage for our hard work seems to be an awesome way of Google to give back, and is highly appreciated...

Level 6

I am totally against such comments. I see comments like 'nice', 'amazing' for different locations in my country India. Don't know why people do that. You are not helping anybody buddy. 

@Petersoniq wrote:

Much as I love free stuff I think this is an improvement.

The prime reward for being a Local  Guide should be the joy of providing *quality* / useful / interesting information for people living in your community, people visiting your community.

Unfortunately some Local Guides provided low quality information to quickly accumulate points perhaps to get free drive space. For example somebody added the same one word "Nice" to hundreds of reviews.

Level 8

Good to hear. Thank you very much. 

@TraciC wrote:

lg_drive_banner.png

Today we announced via email that the Google Drive promotion is ending, but Local Guides who reach Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST can still unlock 100GB of free storage.

With two weeks to go, there’s still time for you to make high-quality contributions to Google Maps about places you’ve visited recently. Remember, you can earn points in five different ways. If photos and reviews are your preference, be sure to check out these tips for writing great reviews and uploading great photos.

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

Below are answers to some questions we think you may have about this change.

I didn’t receive that email.

To manage your email preferences, visit the Local Guides settings page. It may take up to 7 days for your email preferences to be implemented.

Why did you change this promotion?

As our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home (either at the top of the page or under the Level 4 benefits) it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

I have another question.

Check out this part of our Help Center for more information on Drive storage.

For more information about the Local Guides program, check out the Help Center and if you can’t find an answer, ask it here in Connect under the appropriate forum.

Level 4

the offer  available you should  reach level 4 then they send you purchase

@RulingG wrote:

Dear StephenD,

I have visited the link but am still lost and unable to unlock the freebies.

Is the offer still available? If so, please help me to experience it.

Sincerely,

RulingG

@RulingG wrote:

Dear StephenD,

I have visited the link but am still lost and unable to unlock the freebies.

Is the offer still available? If so, please help me to experience it.

Sincerely,

RulingG

code to your email

Level 6

Oh noes 😞 I'm so close to Level 5 and just don't receive it – because i only review the "quality-locations"... so, I don't think it won't do anything against spammers. It just harm the real reviewers.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @KJAYAKUMARPMENON,

Thank you very much. It was my pleasure to help you and I am very glad you found the tips useful. 

Happy mapping and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 7

Hmmm that's good

Level 5

Buenos Días

Yo nunca pude canjear mi cupón de 100gb no sé si es por la región en la que me encuentro que no es muy grande o atractiva para los turistas. Ahora son nivel 5 con más de 600 puntos. Estaría bueno que Google abriera más niveles y nos diera más beneficios, por ejemplo, estaría muy bien que nos diera un cupón para comprar un Google pixel. Mi pregunta es fuera del tema de almacenamiento pero es muy importante para mí: ¿Cómo puedo trabajar en Google? Rastreando y actualizando los negocios y las calles de mi ciudad ya que veo que las fotos de Street view están desactualizadas en el mapa de Google u otro puesto de trabajo. Tengo una Lic. En Ciencias Empresariales. Me encanta la tecnología. Soy una persona organizada, responsable, inteligente y que nunca se rinde para conseguir lo que quiere. Me encantaría trabajar en Google.

Por su atención mil Gracias.

Level 7

Thank you for info..