MahabubMunna's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Good taste at a reasonable price : 1$ Challenge

wowwww @MahabubMunna thank you for sharing!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Former Google Contributor

Hey @MahabubMunna,

Here's one of my favourites. It's called Gevrek (Геврек), it tastes like bread and it's glazed with sugar and/or butter and usually covered in sesame seeds. Here's a photo I borrowed from Google Images:

Image result for геврек

It's usually sold by grandmas on the streets and in the subways. I think they bake them in their homes and carry them in this type of bags. Gevrek is also sold in bakeries, but I prefer buying it from the grannies. We like to eat it for breakfast. It costs between 0.5-1.00 Lev, which is around 0.30-0.60 USD.

@GeorgesHR, you were wrong! 😄 

Thanks for this topic @MahabubMunna

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@MahabubMunnaThey are very close in pricing but yours is a bit high in price

Level 10

@NadyaPNLooks YUMMY

Hi @MahabubMunna

The Puri, Jhal Muri and Fuchka look great. Thanks for sharing where is can be found so for the traveler would be easy.

And as @GeorgesHR mentioned Banitsa, we can't miss to present it as well. 

Banitsa is pastry cooked with lots of butter and mixture of egg and white cheese. The price is around 1USD, for example the one on the picture costs 1.20BGN, which is 0.75USD. It is usually eaten for breakfast and can be found as street food, but not at mall food courts. The places for breakfast pastries are called Banicharnitsa, named on this famous food. People are often cooking it at home as it is easy and fast recipe and is enough for the whole family.

IMG_4394.JPGIMG_4395.JPG

Cheers, 

Marin

Hello @NadyaPN,

Gevrek was surprising! I am impressed by your skill to surprise other people.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

It's look like our country " Petis" now sweet spicy item . price around 0.30$-0.35$ . Bangladesh also agriculture based country so everything cheaper but expensive then India . 

Mahabub Hasan

Hi @MahabubMunna

The Petis looks very tasty. Is it similar to Baklava (source: Wikipedia)? Baklava is made with sweet syrup, but not spicy at all.

@NadyaPN, Gevrek is a great idea, I haven't thought about it.

Cheers, 

Marin

Here's something you all @MarinSt, @GeorgesHR, @NadyaPN hadn't thought of- Mekitsi [Мекици]. 

The picture is taken from GoogleThe picture is taken from Google

For everyone who isn't Bulgarian or haven't already visited Bulgaria, Mekitsa is deep fried dough. It's usually served with some jam, cheese and Ayran. You can buy this comfort food for approximately 0,60 stotinki (coin) which is 0.38 US dollars.

Great idea @MahabubMunna and very well decribed post!

Cheers,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@KlaudiyaG there same thing with sugar syrup name honeycomb bread . price 0.15$ per pics 🙂

Mahabub Hasan