Nick-Hobgood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Georgetown Washington DC - GLOW light exhibits 2018-2019

If you are in Washington DC at the end of the year, you will not want to miss this spectacular show of lights.  Local businesses organize a number of cool light exhibits for free.  Georgetown is already a scenic location full of cool historical buildings.  The lights just add holiday spirit to an already beautiful area.  Do not worry about finding food and drink as Georgetown is a center of great restaurants from French to Vietnamese, pizza and burgers too.  That night we went to Miss Saigon restaurant and it was delish !!  For more light show and Georgetown photos click here. 

Georgetown-1-2.jpg

Georgetown-1-4.jpg

Georgetown-1-5lg.jpg

Georgetown-1-8.jpg

Georgetown-1-13.jpg

Georgetown-5.jpg

Georgetown-1-16.jpg

Georgetown, Washington, DC, USA
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Georgetown Washington DC - GLOW light exhibits 2018-2019

Hi @Nick-Hobgood,

Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever been in Washington DC before? What would you recommend to see? These photos are super cool.

PS: For more ideas, you can check out the How to take great photos in low light post.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks @Petra_M.  Yes, DC is an interesting place for many things.  The monuments around the Tidal Basin are great - Washington, Jefferson, Martin Luther King Jr. are some of the most amazing architectural structures.  You can see them here. If you like hiking check out the Billy Goat Trail in nearby Great Falls Park here.   And of course don't forget all the Smithsonian museum (which are currently closed due to government shutdown  😞

Connect Moderator

@Nick-Hobgood, wow! Super pictures from the nice capital Washington! I like to see these colourful pictures! Is something like this every year? Regards Torben

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Hi @TorM Yes it is a very cool sight and I have just moved here recently but I understand that this has been an end of the year tradition for a while now.   

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the info @Nick-Hobgood, they are super useful. Special thanks for the posts what you've linked, they are amazing.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 7

@Nick-Hobgood Lovely to see these photos and sharing about your stay @ Georgetown. We're going there next week and can't wait! Any top tips I need to know about to make the first visit awesome? Thanks! 😊😊😊